Tordex Community

Full Version: the way u use PNG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When having every manu with it's custom .png as overlay images it's strange because u can't see what you are selecting with the cursor as it seems to be behind the .png is it possible to make the png go back. I have special customized image for the backgrounds of my special menus, one for programs and so on, all with large images, but when the size changes of the menu then ofcourse I have to adjust them again with photoshp would it be very difficult to make them strechable?
Quote:When having every manu with it's custom .png as overlay images it's strange because u can't see what you are selecting with the cursor as it seems to be behind the .png is it possible to make the png go back.
If you are using Photshop so it is very easy to make a half transparent image (Opacity option for layer). So you get the image on menu and you will see the selection. OVERLAY is over menu Wink

Quote:I have special customized image for the backgrounds of my special menus, one for programs and so on, all with large images, but when the size changes of the menu then ofcourse I have to adjust them again with photoshp would it be very difficult to make them strechable?
Can you post the screenshot of you menu? I plan to make some more options for overlays menu.
When the menu is normal for me as I created the toolbar it looks like this.
When I change the skin and nothing else then ofcourse the text size changes and prew. image size is not correct for this skin, that's why I would love to have STRECHABLE images for backgrounds.
screen coming on next reply look down.
ofcourse you see here a nice example of alpha channel Smile
but you can see I made the png larger than the toolbar for purpose cause it's easier than always resizing.
The black lines that you see in the blue looking toolbar should be at the edges of the toolbar but not inside it.
Great screens Smile But I guess it is impossible to use simply strech to fit image for changed size Sad
You could have a header/footer and a tiled middle section. And I'm thinking about abusing the current system right now, something like an image plugin which can display an image in a menu (which can be the header/footer of course), then the rest can just be the normal background... the only thing I'm worried about is the borders, the plugin probably wouldn't use the whole menu...

...but maybe that gives you something to think about Smile. Although the skin used in the screenshots doesn't attract me, the idea is just great and could take menu customization a long way Smile.
I'd recommend allowing the user to specify one image with seperate borders for left, right, top, and bottom. TLB could then internally split the image into 9 seperate pieces using those values. There would be a top left piece as wide as the left border and as tall as the top border, and so on. The pieces in the middle of the edges could then be stretched or tiled in one direction to fill the available space, and the piece in the middle would be stretched or tiled in both directions to fill. I also recommend allowing the user to select whether to stretch or tile. Tiling is easier on resources, but there are some situations when stretching is necesary.