Tordex Community
TLB as Favorites organizer - Is that possible? - Printable Version

+- Tordex Community (http://forum.tordex.com)
+-- Forum: True Launch Bar (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Features Discussion (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: TLB as Favorites organizer - Is that possible? (/thread-1402.html)

Pages: 1 2

- semya - 05-11-2004

I would like to know whether I can use TLB as a favorites organizer? Host links and organize them just inside a folder in my TLB? That would be a nice Idea, I suppose. May be someone already discussed this possibility, but I looked through several forums, and couldn't find any clues. So can this be done with TLB, the product is just great!

- HorusUK - 05-11-2004

OK, with absolutely no idea what version of Windows, True Launch Bar, and Web browser you're using, it's difficult to give you a specific answer.

It is possible using Internet Explorer, but NOT Netscape/Mozilla/FireFox/Whatever-its-called-this-week!

- shapeshifter - 05-11-2004

Actually, it's possible with ANY browser, as long as it's your default. It's just easier with the IE-based browsers.

But yes, for specific instructions, we'll need your system information, particularly OS and browser versions.

- HorusUK - 05-11-2004

Must have been something I missed last time I played with FireFox! Does it create favourites in a folder now?

- shapeshifter - 05-11-2004

No, but you can easily create shortcuts to URLs and organize those in a TLB folder (it doesn't have to be a VIRTUAL folder).

- semya - 05-12-2004

Oh, I'm really sorry. I'm working in Win XP Pro, and my truly favorite browser is IE, since being a developer I know what it can do in comparison with other ones. Ok, so is there a particular convenient algorithm as to how I can accomplish my task? Not creating *.url files manually?

- ozxar - 05-12-2004

create a Virtual Folder to wherever your favourites are stored and you can organize your favourites from TLB now

- semya - 05-12-2004

Thanks! Trying... seems OK.

- semya - 05-12-2004

That is just what I needed! Thank you!

- semya - 05-12-2004

Is there any possibility to make all links open in a new browser window?

- ozxar - 05-12-2004

i don't think there is anyway to open everything in a folder at once
but you could create a seperator and enable the run all option
although you would have top create one for every folder or batch of shortcuts you wanted to have this option with

- semya - 05-13-2004

I don't want to launch all links at the same time. I want them open in a new browser window. Can I do that?

- shapeshifter - 05-13-2004

What you want can be done with Avant Browser or MyIE2, which are both Internet Explorer-based browsers. However, Microsoft's Internet Explorer has been woefully devoid of truly useful features like this for quite some time.

- semya - 05-13-2004

So if I install for instance MyIE the links will open in a new window?

- HorusUK - 05-13-2004

No, but as MyIE has far superior favourites management than standard IE, you can do things like open all favourites in a folder, etc. from within the MyIE browser session.