Tordex Community
Hard drive indicator - Printable Version

+- Tordex Community (http://forum.tordex.com)
+-- Forum: True Launch Bar plugins (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions for new plugins (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Hard drive indicator (/thread-1661.html)

Pages: 1 2

Hard drive indicator - goselito - 10-11-2004

It would be nice to have a hard drive indicator that lights up when the hard drive is being used, just like it does on your pc case. I have a little proggie like that that sits in the tray, but it would be nice to have it on tlb

- Zero-Point - 10-12-2004

I sometimes want this. I have used O&O DriveLED when it first came out, but haven't looked at it since (shareware now?).

Perhaps this can be integrated in with the Drive Space plug-in.

- Dracula - 10-12-2004

Quote:Perhaps this can be integrated in with the Drive Space plug-in.

Indeed, good idea! With DriveSpace you already have drive images in your taskbar, only need to animate them (optionally, of course)...

- BMStroh - 10-12-2004

I'm obviously in the minority as far as TLB is concerned. I'm running TLB as a Quick Launch replacement, because I wanted folders/menus on the Quick Launch bar. I prefer a very minimalist interface.

My disk usage doesn't change frequently enough that I need it staring me in the face, I'm not that concerned about the weather, etc. Smile

- Dracula - 10-12-2004

Well, that's the idea of plugins... If you don't need/like them, just don't use them (and vote "No") Big Grin

- Yuri Kobets - 10-12-2004

I plan to make this plugin or add as a feature into drive space.

- Zero-Point - 10-12-2004

BMStroh Wrote:I'm obviously in the minority as far as TLB is concerned. I'm running TLB as a Quick Launch replacement, because I wanted folders/menus on the Quick Launch bar. I prefer a very minimalist interface.

My disk usage doesn't change frequently enough that I need it staring me in the face, I'm not that concerned about the weather, etc. Smile

As Dracula has stated, that's the beauty of plug-in's Big Grin

I also prefer minimalistic interfaces, I just have a lot of the plug-ins (ex Drive Space) in a menu. I don't look at it all the time--I open the menu if I need to take a peek.

- Scott - 10-14-2004

I currently use SoftLeds to provide drive LEDs, but I'm always looking for something better. One thing I've noticed with SoftLeds is that if you configure it to display tray icons for the LEDs, it makes the Explorer.exe process take up a significant amount of CPU time (though how much depends on how many LEDs you use--I have many of them). I assume the same would be true of a TLB plugin.

- alf - 06-16-2008

Cool, I like it.

- unlogic - 08-20-2008

I like the idea of this plugin although instead of just on/off indication I'd like an I/O meter that indicates the ammount of I/O activity.

There are a few applications out there and a even a few vista sidebar plugins that measures I/O activity. Although I'd prefer to use a TLB plugin instead of having another background process running.

- unlogic - 11-17-2008

Yuri Kobets Wrote:I plan to make this plugin or add as a feature into drive space.

Do you have any ETA on when this will be done?

- Stef66 - 11-19-2008

Well, I'm interested in such add on. I'm tired to use my neck muscles to check if the drive is on idle or what....

I vote "yes"

Thank you

- Yuri Kobets - 11-28-2008

I'm working on Drive Space plugin update. The activity indicators will be added there. See the attached screenshot.

- unlogic - 11-30-2008

Yuri Kobets Wrote:I'm working on Drive Space plugin update. The activity indicators will be added there. See the attached screenshot.

Looks great!

- Q Section - 02-12-2009

If we can be so humble as to ask for features........May we have the colours for read and write user selectable, please?