Tordex Community
Copy and Paste would be nice - Printable Version

+- Tordex Community (http://forum.tordex.com)
+-- Forum: True Launch Bar (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Features Discussion (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Copy and Paste would be nice (/thread-1972.html)

Copy and Paste would be nice - Texan - 04-28-2005

As I change programs, I often times automatically change TLBs.....using the autosensing feature............It would be nice if I could "copy" a particular menu/shortcut or "add in" from one TLB to another via the copy and paste process.......................

This would be particularly nice with programs that require lots of properties set-up like the mail monitor add in.................

Just a wish.............

- Dracula - 04-28-2005

As you might already know, all shortcuts on your TLB are plain shortcuts, menu's are folders, and plugins are files with the .tlbplugin extension.

Right-click on an empty spot either left or right from your TLB, and you will see an 'Open' option in the context-menu. Select this and it will open the location of that TLB in an explorer window.

You can open the locations of your various TLB's in explorer windows and simply drag&drop or copy&paste the items from one bar to the other.

Drag & Drop won't work - Texan - 04-28-2005

The problem with drag and drop.....is that it only works with TLBs that are "visable at the same time".....................

With Auto sensing...............TLB1 shuts down when TLB2 opens......

So the shortcuts on TLB1 are not available to drag and drop...to TLB2

- Dracula - 04-28-2005

I didn't mean drag&drop between the toolbars, but from one folder to another folder in explorer... Read it again Wink

For example, one TLB might be stored at:
C:\My Toolbars\toolbar1

and a second TLB might be stored at:
C:\My Toolbars\toolbar2

Just open these two locations, and copy around. Hey, you can even do it from a command prompt!

We're Getting There - Texan - 04-28-2005

Okay..............I understand the concept now..........................

However, ALL my TLBs are in one directory......................

WHICH mailmon file/files would one drag (Or copy) from one dir to the other to make it appear in the "new" TLB??

I tried copying the whole mailmon dir over to the new TLB and that didn't work................?????

- Dracula - 04-28-2005

Do you see the file "Mail Monitor.tlbplugin" or at least some file that has a .tlbplugin extension? This file contains settings and account information.

You can either move/copy this file into another TLB folder, or drag this file onto the toolbar while holding SHIFT or CTRL (otherwise it only creates a shortcut)...

- Yuri Kobets - 04-28-2005

I want to add some information about Mail Monitor. I don't recommend you add mail monitor with same account into more then one workspace/toolbar. Even if workspace is inactive while using auto-sensing Mail Monitor inside hidden toolbar is active. And you can get errors when two MM read mail at same time. This will not a crash but MM show an POP3 error.

Dual Mail Monitor Installation - Texan - 04-28-2005

Thanks Yuri:

I already discovered there was a conflict with two mail monitors installed on two different TLBs...................

I have deleted the 2nd mail monitor................