Tordex Community
TLB 4.2 & Vista - Still Problems - Printable Version

+- Tordex Community (http://forum.tordex.com)
+-- Forum: True Launch Bar (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Bugs (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: TLB 4.2 & Vista - Still Problems (/thread-2729.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

TLB 4.2 & Vista - Still Problems - JeRrYFaR - 04-19-2007

I just installed Vista recently and was using 4.1.7 RC and seeing issues, but figured they would be worked out when a final was released. I just dloaded the 4.2 final and I'm still having the same issues. I don't even know how to explain them, but I'll try:
When I right-click on the taskbar and turn off QuickLaunch and turn on TrueLaunchBar everything works fine, however when I create a folder and try to use it, explorer stops responding and I have to restart it, which then defaults back to QLB. Please see screenshots below as I don't know how else to explain it.

Shown below, you can see I've moused over the folder 'Internet' I created:
[Image: tlb01.jpg]

Here I've clicked on the folder. Note the darker 'pushed in' look:
[Image: tlb02.jpg]

Here I've moved the mouse around the other icons and you can see they're all 'pushed in' now even though I haven't clicked them. Note I can't click on the Start Button now either:
[Image: tlb03.jpg]

Finally, the familiar screen I'm used to seeing:
[Image: tlb04.jpg]

If I click "View Details" I get the following if it helps:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b091
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
Exception Code: c00000fd
Exception Offset: 00061546
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409">http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409</a><!-- m -->

I suppose you'll want specs to work with, so here is what I am using:

System: Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition (32 Bit)
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.00 GHz
Memory (RAM): 1023 MB
System type: 32-bit Operating System

Please provide suggestions if possible. I can't live w/out TLB and I don't want to uninstall Vista and go back to XP either.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

-Dave

edit:

I just turned off Themes to test and it works with no issues. I'd really like to use Vista's theme however, so let me know if there's anything I can do.

- Yuri Kobets - 04-19-2007

Please can you backup your toolbar and send the backup file to me (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@truelaunchbar.com">support@truelaunchbar.com</a><!-- e -->). I can't to reproduce the bug. Maybe it depends of the tlb settings.

- JeRrYFaR - 04-19-2007

Backup file has been sent. Thanks again for looking into this. Let me know if you need any other information/screenshots. I know what I posted is probably confusing.

- Yuri Kobets - 04-20-2007

Are somebody have the same bug on the Vista? I can't to reproduce it Sad
I've tried to create menus and virtual folders, drop shortcuts there. Nothing. All works fine. JeRrYFaR, do you use WindowBlinds? Also please can you tell me is the bug appear at once or later after some time?

- JeRrYFaR - 04-20-2007

I do not use WindowBlinds. It doesn't happen immediately, but it doesn't take very long. In this picture I have just enabled TLB and clicked on the folder. I'd say 20 seconds later is when the following happened:

[Image: TLB05.jpg]

Again, it works perfectly fine with no problems if I turn off themes.. it has to be some sort of transparency thing. Maybe Vista incorporates things WindowBlinds did in the past? I ran WindowBlinds years ago. I stopped using it because it bogged my machine down to a crawl.

Thanks again for looking into it Yuri. I know it's frustrating. Consider how I feel. Confusedhock:

edit:

I will give you any information you need in order to resolve this. I'll tell you step-by-step every program installed as well as every extension installed in Firefox. Just tell me what you need.

- Yuri Kobets - 04-20-2007

Please can you delete the shortcuts:
xplorer2
TreeSize Professional
ConvertXToDvd
NewsLeecher

I'm not sure but maybe TLB conflicts with one this program because problems begins after you open menu. Make the toolbar backup before deleting so you can restore it after testing.

- JeRrYFaR - 04-20-2007

I can do this when I get home, however it happens when I click on the folder. I don't have to add anything. All I have to do is create a folder and click on it and it will do the same thing.

- Yuri Kobets - 04-21-2007

Quote:I can do this when I get home, however it happens when I click on the folder. I don't have to add anything. All I have to do is create a folder and click on it and it will do the same thing.
How do you create the first folder? Is there were the same bug? A long time ago TLB has the problems with loading icons from some app. I've fixed the bug but maybe it is related.

- JeRrYFaR - 04-21-2007

I right click on the taskbar and select 'New>Menu'.
[Image: tlb06.jpg]

I then select Default on the view and leave the Colums at 1 as I'm unsure what the column part does.
[Image: tlb07.jpg]
[Image: tlb08.jpg]

I leave default icons and click Finish.
[Image: tlb09.jpg]

Here I've moved my mouse over the folder I just created.
[Image: tlb10.jpg]

Here I've clicked on the folder.
[Image: tlb11.jpg]

Here's my familiar error.
[Image: tlb12.jpg]

- JeRrYFaR - 04-23-2007

I'm going out of town for a week starting today. Please let me know if you find anything..

- Yuri Kobets - 04-23-2007

Quote:I'm going out of town for a week starting today. Please let me know if you find anything..
I still can't to reproduce the bug. I plan to install the clear Vista to test this clearly.

- Dracula - 04-25-2007

I can confirm this bug.

I have a "Add/Remove Software" plugin inside a menu, and the following steps reproduce the error for me 100% of the time:
- Open the menu containing the addon; all is fine
- Click on the plugin to expand the Add/Remove Software list; all is fine
- Hover the mouse over the list; explorer restarts without warning

And there are other cases where it crashes with the above mentioned dialog that is has stopped responding, all after having opened a menu and hovering the mouse over it for only a few seconds.

- Yuri Kobets - 04-26-2007

Please can you test this version. I've found one possible bug, but not sure if this fixes the bug you described.

4.2 Still Not Installing??? - Texan - 04-27-2007

I have tried several times to install 4.2 over 4.1.6.......

To na avail......................tried downloading it, AND tried to Update DL and install

4.16 still there???

- Yuri Kobets - 04-27-2007

Texan, are you logged on as Administrator?