Tordex Community
TLB 4.2 & Vista - Still Problems - Printable Version

+- Tordex Community (http://forum.tordex.com)
+-- Forum: True Launch Bar (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Bugs (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: TLB 4.2 & Vista - Still Problems (/thread-2729.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Dracula - 04-28-2007

I believe in my described problem it is actually the tooltip of the Add/Remove Software plugin that is causing the silent crash of explorer.

When I disable tooltips, there is no crash at all. As soon as I turn on tooltips, explorer vanishes as soon as I hold my mouse over an item of that plugin.

It seems limited to this plugin only. It may explain why the test version you supplied did not change this.

- Yuri Kobets - 04-28-2007

Dracula Wrote:I believe in my described problem it is actually the tooltip of the Add/Remove Software plugin that is causing the silent crash of explorer.
Yes you are right. This is the bug in the Add/Remove plugin. I'll update it shortly.

- JeRrYFaR - 04-30-2007

I just returned and can confirm the 4.2.1 version is experiencing the same issue. I don't use the Add/Remove Plugin btw.

- Yuri Kobets - 05-01-2007

JeRrYFaR Wrote:I just returned and can confirm the 4.2.1 version is experiencing the same issue. I don't use the Add/Remove Plugin btw.
OK, thank you for testing. I'll continue the searching Sad

- JeRrYFaR - 05-01-2007

Let me know if you need anything further from my end.. Sad

- JeRrYFaR - 05-04-2007

Anything yet?

- JeRrYFaR - 05-08-2007

Should I just give up at this point? I'm currently "pinning" things I need to my start menu and that's working out.

- Dracula - 05-09-2007

No need to keep asking, you can be sure Yuri will inform us about a fix when he has gotten a chance reproduce the problem.

- JeRrYFaR - 05-09-2007

Understood.

I'd like to be able to help in any way I can.

Yuri:

If you need anything further let me know. Dracula is right. I'll shut up now.

Big Grin

- Yuri Kobets - 05-10-2007

JeRrYFaR Wrote:If you need anything further let me know.

Please can we contact by MSN Messenger (my id there is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:truesoft@penza.net">truesoft@penza.net</a><!-- e -->)?

- JeRrYFaR - 05-10-2007

I've added you. I'll try to catch you from home.

Thanks Yuri.

- JeRrYFaR - 05-10-2007

I've added you. I'll try to catch you from home.

Mine is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jerryfar@hotmail.com">jerryfar@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> (JeRrYFaR)

Thanks Yuri.

- FlyingHorse - 05-11-2007

I too have had explorer.exe stop responding so I tried attaching a debugger to the explorer.exe process and get the following when I load TLB:
Code:
Debug Output:
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x12f8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'explorer.exe': Loaded 'tlb.dll', No symbols loaded.
'explorer.exe': Unloaded 'tlb.dll'
'explorer.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\TrueLaunchBar\tlb.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'explorer.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\comdlg32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s'explorer.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\inetmib1.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
'explorer.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\snmpapi.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
First-chance exception at 0x039236d8 in explorer.exe: 0xC0000096: Privileged instruction.
First-chance exception at 0x03923713 in explorer.exe: 0xC000001D: Illegal Instruction.
First-chance exception at 0x03940b6d in explorer.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000000.

Call Stack:
>    0391ba4f()    
    ntdll.dll!@RtlpLowFragHeapAllocFromContext@8()  + 0x125 bytes    
    ntdll.dll!_RtlFreeHeap@12()  + 0x7a bytes    
    ntdll.dll!_RtlFreeHeap@12()  + 0x7a bytes    
    kernel32.dll!_BaseDllOpenIniFileOnDisk@4()  + 0x18f bytes    
    027ec1e4()

I don't know if this helps as I believe it to be a result of tlb.dll throwing an exception when a debugger is running. Yuri do you have a debug version that I can run? Perhaps we could get lucky.

- Yuri Kobets - 05-12-2007

Quote:Yuri do you have a debug version that I can run? Perhaps we could get lucky.
FlyingHorse, please contact me by email of MSN

- FlyingHorse - 05-13-2007

Yuri,

I sent an email earlier today. Let me know whatever I can do to help.