Tordex Community
can't get icons to wrap on Win 7 - Printable Version

+- Tordex Community (http://forum.tordex.com)
+-- Forum: True Launch Bar (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: can't get icons to wrap on Win 7 (/thread-4027.html)

can't get icons to wrap on Win 7 - kunkel321 - 10-09-2011

On XP and Vista, I was able to make a bar of small icons, then make it narrow and the icons would "wrap around" such that there were 2 rows. On Win 7 it doesn't seem to wrap though... Is there a setting for this that I'm missing? Thanks.

Re: can't get icons to wrap on Win 7 - Yuri Kobets - 10-09-2011

Firstly, decrease the value TLB Settings->Toolbar->Sizes->Buttons margin height. Then select the skin with small margins (like a dark glass), or set the buttons background on TLB Settings->Toolbar->Colors, this will prevent using the default Windows theme with large margins.

Some real value:

Skin: dark glass
Buttons margin height: 2

Skin: default
buttons background: any
Buttons margin height: 4

Re: can't get icons to wrap on Win 7 [Solved] - kunkel321 - 10-09-2011

Thanks for the quick reply Yuri!
I had already set the button margins to zero, which didn't help (though it looked like there should've been enough room). Changing the skin did the trick. Smile

RE: can't get icons to wrap on Win 7 [Solved] - kunkel321 - 04-11-2012

Hi again Yuri...

A question related to the, above, original post... Sort of hard for me to explain:

Windows apparently likes to have a margin at the left of its taskbars...
If I unlock my bar, I can slide the 'grab handle' to the left so far that it looks like some of the icons will be hidden, as indicated by the little white >> to the right of the Excel icon. When I lock the bar though, it crams the icons in there and displays them (see bottom of image; where Chrome and IE are showing). I find that this allows me to make the bar as narrow as possible and optimize space. For some reason I am not able to do this space-saving trick with the bar that has the large icons though.... As a result, when I lock the bars, there is a wasted empty space between the large and small icon bars. (There is enough room there for another column of small icons!)

[Image: TtzbM.png]

I tried the tips you posted above, but they did work. Is there a way to "smash over" my large-icon-bar so it's narrower?
Did I explain that question coherently? Thanks.

RE: can't get icons to wrap on Win 7 - Yuri Kobets - 04-11-2012

I have a better trick for this Wink

1. unlock the taskbar
2. Set TLB Settings->Toolbar->General->Minimum size into the small value (for example 1 or 3)
3. Make toolbars width as small as possible.
4. Set TLB Settings->Toolbar->General->Minimum size into any large small value. If you don't want the >> button you can set this option in 100
5. Lock the taskbar and windows will change the toolbar width. The space between toolbars will be the minimum.

RE: can't get icons to wrap on Win 7 - kunkel321 - 04-16-2012

It worked! Thanks Yuri Smile

[Image: n9pqN.png]

Tip for any other Noobs.. Each toolbar has it's own settings.... You have to right-click on the toolbar that you want changed!