Free Launch Bar Tool Tips
Started by Guest

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic

11-21-2004, 03:58 PM -
Sirs:

I am favorably impressed by your Free Launch Bar so far, but one problem bothers me. Although I make the icons small, I don't see a way to downsize the tool tip font as well. A smaller tool tip font would help me keep from covering over adjacent icons with a displayed tooltip.

Does this problem continue over into TrueLaunch? Please let me know your answer to this, as it will affect my enthusiasm for buying TrueLaunch once I've figured everything out.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-21-2004, 04:55 PM -
Free/True Launch Bar uses the system font. Anyway you can disable icons in the tips to make them smaller. Also please can you post screenshot here?

BTW. You can download and install True Launch Bar to test it.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com

11-22-2004, 08:43 AM -
Thanks for the clarification. I found the disable-icon and time-on-screen settings, so now moving the cursor over 16x16 icons is much cleaner.

However, I do think you would have a more user-friendly TruLaunch if you gave the user control over his fonts in tooltips, toolbar titles, filenames, etc. You could default to the system fonts, then let the user select his own for each text category (e.g., filenames, titles, tooltips could all have different fonts).

11-28-2004, 11:21 AM -
Yuri:

Below appears a comparison of the Free Launch Bar's tooltip in System font with FormFlow's tooltip in (I think) Arial 10 or Arial 8.

One Free Launch Bar tooltip problem I'd like to point out, with 16x16 icons on a 1600x1200 engineering monitor, is that you clip the top of the current icon row. The bottom of each tooltip rectangle should align with the bottom of the icon row above the current row. This is how FormFlow positions its tooltips, and I find them easier to work with.

Hope these screenshots are helpful.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)