Pre-sales question: TLB replicating Vista's Quick Launch
Started by atitlan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
atitlan

33 posts 16 threads Joined: Dec 2008
12-10-2008, 07:05 PM -
I would like to use True Launch Bar to overcome a bug in Windows Vista (x86) that descends all the way back to Windows 95 SP2, when I think the Quick Launch area on the Task Bar was first introduced: namely, after a certain amount of time or starts, Windows always looses the order of the icons on the Quick Launch bar.*

Since I have 70 icons [small] in a precise order for my purposes, this is a bloody nuisance. Also, my my Task bar is vertically arrayed, set to Auto-hide and on top.

What I would like to confirm is that TLB operates in those settings: [1] Vertically arrayed; [2] Autohide; [3] Always on top; and finally, [4] that the order of the 70 icons in small view replicated from the Quick Launch bar can be retained indefinitely (or, of course, modified).

Many thanks for your help!

* Not even Microsoft Tech Support elevated twice over a two week correspondence could solve the problem of how to backup the order of QL icons via export of Registry settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Pre-sales question: TLB replicating Vista's Quick Launch - by atitlan - 12-10-2008, 07:05 PM
[No subject] - by Yuri Kobets - 12-12-2008, 01:40 AM
[No subject] - by atitlan - 12-12-2008, 10:26 AM