Anyone else still getting shortcut errors?
Started by RainmakeR

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
RainmakeR

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Jan 2003
11-18-2003, 09:38 PM -
Hi Yuri and all,

Well I'm still getting these shortcut errors on XP, even with the latest beta. I have an icon on my TLB entitled "Optical Drives" which pops up a menu with two regular shortcuts to my DVD-ROM and CD-RW. Now, with a disk in or out of the drive, I get a "Shortcut Error" when I click on one of those menu options, every single time. Sad

I have the Q810577 update installed, and not sure if I should uninstall it because the uninstaller says about six zillion programs could be affected if I uninstall. Is it *definately* related to this update?

Cheers,

Col.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-18-2003, 11:25 PM -
To solve this problem delete old shortcuts then insert disk into CD/DVD drive and create new shortcut. This is not a bug of TLB.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
RainmakeR

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Jan 2003
11-19-2003, 05:14 PM -
Hi Yuri,

Yes I know I can do that, but is it going to keep occurring? (i.e. if I accidentally click a drive shortcut and there's no disc in there, will I have to delete and make a new shortcut every single time?)

If it's not TLB, what is causing the bug then?

Cheers,

{R}
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

11-19-2003, 05:43 PM -
When you click shortcut when there's no disk then it ask you to insert it (this is standard behaviour).

Quote:If it's not TLB, what is causing the bug then?
I do not know Sad I know that if I create shortcut on desktop then I have same bug so may be this is bug of Windows or we have installed something wrong Wink
The TORDEX Team
geCo

12 posts 2 threads Joined: Feb 2004
02-08-2004, 03:47 PM -
I don`t agree with u Yuri. If I make those shortcuts on my desktop they are working fine (all of them=5). Even if I replace TLB with standard Windows Quick Lauch Bar and place all them there, they are still working correct. Problem is when i put them all in TLB panel. From my 5 shortcuts 2 of them are not working. The funny thing is that not allways was like that. It started when I first decided to update my Windows XP SP1 with available on microsoft.com patches. After that I noticed those errors. Then I reinstaled my system and again updated my WinXP. And I got the same shortcuts errors. Maby I will try to uninstall all the instaled microsoft fixes and then try tlb again. Hmm, not a bad idea... What u think ?
geCo

02-08-2004, 04:16 PM -
Everything I mensioned above is true. I have uninstaled all the microsoft fixes one by one and now everything is working good. All the shotcuts are ok. No error massages anymore. Unfortunately I dont remember which one fix was responsable for that behaviour. All I can say is that it was one of the bigest (but not related with SP2 fixes), which had something to do with windows shell32.dll. Hope this will help all those with the same problem. Somehow... Smile
Cheerz.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

02-10-2004, 05:00 PM -
Hmm.... Do you tried this:
Quote:To solve this problem delete old shortcuts then insert disk into CD/DVD drive and create new shortcut. This is not a bug of TLB.

On all my systems TLB works like Quick Launch Sad
The TORDEX Team
geCo

02-11-2004, 12:55 PM -
Offcourse i tryed this. Well the whole behavior of shortcuts is very different from standard one, which happens when you make a shortcut to CDRom drive when CD is inside of it, and then you put this CD out. In my case shortcut search the hardware (CDRom drive) itselfe, not the media inside of it. And I repeat: this is happening with HDD drives to. But all the problem gone after deinstalling microsoft fixes (from microsoft update page).
See this: http://www.tsoftcentral.com/cgi-bin....3;t=918
This is true !
Greetings Smile