TLB praise !
Started by Psonyk

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
Psonyk

15 posts 5 threads Joined: Dec 2003
12-12-2003, 02:34 PM -
First off, I'd like to say hello to everyone here.

I'm not entirely new : I've been reading on this f0rum for about a month now.

I just meant to waste a perfectly good 5 minutes of your time to just say how much TLB answered just about all my prayers.

Oh and it stopped me swearing a whole lot too.

In a nutshell, I've been looking to replace that useless Windows Quick Launch which, you'd like to think, would've been improved since the first version of Windows 98 came out.

Obviously, it seems to be unused enough to justify not improving it for the last 5-10 years.

I don't know about you but a Quick Launch toolbar should be about launching programs and finding stuff -QUICKLY. If not do MORE than just sit there.

After several months, if not years of rambling like a madman, swearing and yelling at the frustrating task of navigating the Start menu, having 6 toolbars in the taskbar and having 75 000 shortcuts all over the desktop, I bashed " quick bar replacement " into the keyboard on Google.com & found True Launch Bar.

With one eyebrow raised, I downloaded it, installed and, I'm ashamed to say, found a crack for it.

But after one month of trying to get it just right and having the buttons locked and other various pleasantries, I decided THIS program would be the first ever program I'd actually PURCHASE.

It's registered as of today and I'm happy to report that there is no more funny stuff. I've had NO problems whatsoever with it and am looking forward to using & tweaking it for years to come.

And you know what ? Even if this program was more expensive than what it is sold at, I would've STILL bought it seeing as how this is probably one of the first " Windows add-ons " I've come to adore and respect.

I must admit, Yuri's commitment as well as everyone else here also pushed me to purchase True Launch Bar. In fact, I've rarely seen such nice developer-user chemistry across a forum. Definite plus !

I'm looking forward to posting more ideas, comments and various stuff in the upcoming days.

So 2 thumbs UP for True Launch Bar !

[Image: icon14.gif] [Image: icon14.gif]

From Canada to Russia with love !

Big Grin

Marty
Psonyk

15 posts 5 threads Joined: Dec 2003
12-12-2003, 02:44 PM -
BTW, I forgot to say a couple of things :

- Thank you Yuri for such a wonderful product. A mere 20$ is probably not a lot compared to the long hours of slaving over TLB but if it helps, good. Smile

- Expect a couple of SKINS for TLB from me in the upcoming weeks. There are just not enough available skins which I find to be stylish yet attractive so far. Yeah, I tend to be rather selctive on that.

:p
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-12-2003, 03:58 PM -
Thank you very much! Big Grin
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com