Started by Rexy

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
Rexy

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Nov 2003
01-25-2004, 04:16 PM -
Hi.
I got a brilliant idea for a new plugin. This new plugin will be a web comic strip reader. It will fetch images through http and display the image as the button itself (so you can just put it in a menu).
The idea is that the plugin will read INI files that contain definitions for every comic you want. The syntax will be simple. It will only require a label/title for the comic and a string for the path to the image. The string can include tags like <yy>, <yyyy>, <dd>, and the likes to be replaced with by the relevant data according to time/date formatting.
Also, due to the irregularity of some online comic strips' image naming, another way to define the path would be to supply a web page address, one bounding string, a secoond, and a path. The html of the web address will be retrieved by the plugin and in the code the plugin will find the string that is between the two bounding strings. Within the supplied path it will replace some preset tag with the string to form the path to the image.
Allowing these two ways to define a comic one can define most if not all web comics.

What do you say?
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
01-25-2004, 05:00 PM -
Sounds a lot like this post... :0
Back once again...
Bob Freeman

104 posts 18 threads Joined: Aug 2001
01-25-2004, 08:30 PM -
Quote:This new plugin will be a web comic strip reader
I am sure there are F-A-R more important and useful things to be done on True Launch Bar before implementing a Web comic strip reader.
Rexy

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Nov 2003
01-25-2004, 08:42 PM -
Bob Freeman Wrote:
Quote:This new plugin will be a web comic strip reader
I am sure there are F-A-R more important and useful things to be done on True Launch Bar before implementing a Web comic strip reader.
Do you care to elaborate as to which features are more important?

I'm sure there are some bug fixes to do and some features here and there. But this plugin is very simple and I think would really add to the functionality of TLB.
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
01-26-2004, 12:37 AM -
Perhaps it could be modified to fetch the news from news pages. This would be something different then a News Ticker which we mentioned and Yuri says is coming out soon.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
Bob Freeman

104 posts 18 threads Joined: Aug 2001
01-26-2004, 02:08 AM -
Quote:Do you care to elaborate as to which features are more important?
More important than a 'comics reader' - ooohhh tough how about These
BlueHeaven

40 posts 12 threads Joined: Jun 2003
01-26-2004, 08:21 AM -
Samurize can download just about anything and put it on your desktop. Best of all, it's free. Smile I made a script that displayed Dilbert on my desktop, although I don't currently use it.

Rick.