RSS Feed Viewer
Started by jgallen

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
jgallen

80 posts 27 threads Joined: Dec 2001
02-22-2004, 02:44 AM -
I'm not sure if this was suggested yet, but I think it would be awesome if you could make a plugin to check rss feeds. The best way to do this would be to have an icon on the task bar and when you click on it, something similar to the weather monitor details would come up and tell you the most recent headlines. Just an idea...
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
02-22-2004, 03:09 AM -
It's already been suggested in this thread but it's such a good idea, it bears repeating! Big Grin

In the meantime, have a look at what we've been making Weather Monitor do with news (and other stuff), over in the Skins Library.

If there's an idea you have for a skin and can't think how to go about it, then let us know, and I'm sure one of us will oblige. Smile
Back once again...
WooshaQ

21 posts 10 threads Joined: Sep 2004
07-26-2005, 12:21 PM -
BUMP! I wanted to suggest the same thing, would be useful!
Rik Wessels

7 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2005
07-31-2005, 07:37 AM -
me too! in fact : was just visiting TLB - site practically certain it would be there and I'd just have to download it !! It came as a surprise this didn't exist yet ..

Can TLB use a ticker in the taskbar ?? As it is now , the rss-readers out there are usually in the "outlook-like " - category .There are some tickers out there but most of these are not all that interesting and are shareware .
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
07-31-2005, 03:54 PM -
Rik Wessels Wrote:...Can TLB use a ticker in the taskbar ??...
This has been suggested previously and Yuri has it somewhere on his list. True Launch bar is basically being developed by one person and it is amazing at what he has done so far in the time he has. Perhaps sometime soon, eh?
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service