More weather monitor suggestions
Started by BlueHeaven

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
BlueHeaven

40 posts 12 threads Joined: Jun 2003
03-07-2004, 10:30 AM -
Reading some of the threads here got me thinking about a few possible enhancements to the weather monitor.

1. Ability to strip leading/trailing spaces from the text pulled. It would also be nice if it was possible to strip carraige returns, and, even better strip HTML tags. Big Grin

2. Ability to use multiple graphics in one skin. Maybe with sections [Conditions0] [Conditions1] ... which point to directories icons0, icons1 ...

3. Maybe a separate plugin that would run a VB script and then parse/display the results similar to the weather plugin. This would allow multiple sources to be combined in the same plugin.

Just some things to think about. :p

Enjoy your Sunday!
Rick.
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
03-26-2004, 05:43 AM -
Time for a cleanup! Better add this link to a parsing suggestion previously mentioned and this thread too!

How about a quick method for editing the provider and skin ini files? Perhaps from buttons in the dialog as highlighted in red, below.:
[Image: wmmockup.gif]
<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Yes, this skin is being developed and Yes it will be released!</span>
Clicking on the ellipses, would start the default system editor for .ini files... ???

Whilst we're at it, I collected together the various threads pertaining to Weather Montior:

Calendar/Weather Plugin
Adding new unit types
Changes to parameters dialog
Indicating severe conditions
Pulling data from local files
Temperature rounding issues
Conditional colouring of parameters
Weather Details dialog positioning
HTTPS Support
Making plugins act as menus in this or this thread.

And what discussion on Weather Monitor would be complete if I didn't mention the Universal Data Fetcher?

Finally, anyone that wants ideas for skinning Weather Monitor should check out this thread by QSection which gives some excellent ideas...

Phew! I need a coffee... Big Grin
Back once again...