Started by Q Section

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
03-21-2004, 10:57 AM -
This is a working plugin which lets one know if a particlular software version has been upgraded. With this plugin you can simply look on your TLB and check for the latest version number instead of having to start the browser and go to the favourites and then clicking and waiting for the page to load.

This particular plugin is designed for Netstumbler but it can be modified for any other program. This zip includes the provider file, skin file and icon. It is also rendered in the DK style. This is to go into the UDF/Weather Monitor skins folder and call it up as a Weather Monitor.

Comments?
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
Bob Freeman

104 posts 18 threads Joined: Aug 2001
03-21-2004, 11:33 AM -
Although I'm sure you may think it's not necessary I suggest you include some sort of documentation including installation instructions.

Other users (me for instance) might not be so caught up in the more esoteric applications of the weather monitor.

Thanks
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

03-21-2004, 12:48 PM -
The Weather Monitor plugin must be previously installed for this to run. It uses the Weather Monitor plugin.

To use the above plugin:

1)Take the Netstumbler Version.ini file and place it in the TrueLaunch Bar\Plugins\Weathermon\providers folder.

2)Place the Netstumbler Version folder in the TrueLaunch Bar\Plugins\Weathermon\skins folder.

3)Click anywhere on the TLB and select New>Weather Monitor and name it Netstumbler Version (or your choice).

4)In Skin select Netstumbler Version.

5)In Provider select Netstumbler Version.

6)Click on the >> button to the right of the Provider box and when your browser goes to the page copy the URL in the address box and paste it into the URL: box.

7)In Parameters: select Conditions and Version to Use in skin:

8)Click on OK and you should see it appear in TLB! Big Grin
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
Bob Freeman

104 posts 18 threads Joined: Aug 2001
03-21-2004, 02:02 PM -
Sorry - far too much trouble for me.

Skin.ini conflicts with other file called skin.ini already in providers folder.

Can't find your file called provider. Never heard of Netstumbler anyway.

In skin select this, in provider select this - jee what next click my heels twice.

Thanks but no thanks.
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
03-21-2004, 02:42 PM -
Quote:Sorry - far too much trouble for me.

Skin.ini conflicts with other file called skin.ini already in providers folder.

Can't find your file called provider. Never heard of Netstumbler anyway.

In skin select this, in provider select this - jee what next click my heels twice.

Thanks but no thanks.
How rude Bob Freeman! You suggested that perhaps QSection might give some kind of instruction to enable you to use this skin, and when you're given said instruction you rudely reply in a very derogatory manner.

Do people like you go to Ignorance classes, or are you just born ignorant?

Still, it's a pattern that is prevelant in every single post you make, even the ones where I happen to agree with you! You're obviously too lazy to investigate the use of True Launch Bar a little deeper, or maybe even learn to skin. Although you don't seem to lack the time and enthusiasm to be rude...

So if you ask for help, at least be polite. It costs nothing.
Back once again...
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

03-21-2004, 03:17 PM -
Bob Freeman Wrote:Skin.ini conflicts with other file called skin.ini already in providers folder.
There should be no file in the providers folder called skin.ini. Perhaps it is misplaced? Usually skin.ini files are found in the individual skin folders.

Did you want to use this plugin for some particular software? If so someone here can assist you if you would rather.
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum