Started by weese237

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
weese237

10 posts 4 threads Joined: Jul 2004
07-10-2004, 05:39 AM -
Hello,
I was reading in the FAQ about changing the default directory so that if you need to reformat and reinstall windows you won't lose all your settings. It's not clear to me how this is done.
I know that the "basic" folder is within the Documents and Settings directory, do I just move it? Doesn't seem right for some reason.

Thanks again,
Louise Wink
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
07-10-2004, 09:39 AM -
Since version 3.0 you can backup toolbar from TLB Settings dialog. The changing default toolbar folder can be used if you want more that one toolbar or you want to share toolbar between some users on one computer.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
weese237

10 posts 4 threads Joined: Jul 2004
07-11-2004, 11:20 AM -
Hi Yuri,
I think I may have misunderstood the FAQ then.

I currently have two toolbars. One on the left of the taskbar and one on the right. The one on the right is pointing to folders that hold shortcuts and is located on the D drive. The one on the left, as you know, is the standard Windows default directory on the C drive.

So what you are saying is that if I make a backup of the standard toolbar to someplace on the D drive, and if I reformat the C drive I can easily restore it without changing the default directory. Now, I think I understand! Smile

Is there a need to make a backup of the one on the right also since it's already located on the D Drive?

Thanks!
Louise Wink