MS Office Shortcut Bar Emulator Plugin
Started by Guest

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

21 posts in this topic

12-01-2004, 01:39 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Dracula Wrote:In conclusion: as I mentioned, it comes close to what you want. Maybe it would be a nice additional feature of the "Enable auto collapse" option: also collapse whenever *another* section in the menu is expanded.
OK I've added this into my todo list. In the next version this feature will be released.

Yuri:

Here's the way I hope "enhanced auto-collapse" would look to the user. First, keep the one-click-on-title option the way it is, as it tells menus "open this title's menu group". Then just add a DOUBLE-CLICK-on-title option which tells the menu "open this title's menu group AND close all other open menu groups." The "Enable Expand/Collapse" and "Auto collapse" menu entries would not need to be changed; no other command would need to be added. The double-click-on-title option would just need to be documented after it's implemented.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-01-2004, 01:50 PM -
Why so difficultly? If you have group with "auto-collapse" then it must be closed not only after closing menu but on expanding other group too.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com

12-01-2004, 04:21 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Why so difficultly? If you have group with "auto-collapse" then it must be closed not only after closing menu but on expanding other group too.

I see what you are saying, Yuri; and I'll buy it!

12-03-2004, 05:12 AM -
noffkehw Wrote:
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Why so difficultly? If you have group with "auto-collapse" then it must be closed not only after closing menu but on expanding other group too.

I see what you are saying, Yuri; and I'll buy it!

After thinking about this issue, I decided my original double-click suggestion was the most productive one for me, the user. I'll post it in your Suggestion Box.
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
12-05-2004, 03:22 AM -
Why change the way it currently works? The Auto-collapse feature takes seconds to set up, and then provides all the functionality you require and also saves a mouse click!
Back once again...

12-05-2004, 10:06 AM -
HorusUK Wrote:Why change the way it currently works? The Auto-collapse feature takes seconds to set up, and then provides all the functionality you require and also saves a mouse click!

I like to work with Auto-collapse On, unless I'm working with multiple menu sections from different toolbars at once, and need to keep them open. The double-click suggestion was just a way to more efficiently support my workstyle.

Now that I've found your Suggestions webpage (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.truelaunchbar.com/sugbox/index.php">http://www.truelaunchbar.com/sugbox/index.php</a><!-- m -->) I'll post mine there.

Thanks for your comment.