Command line keeps "dos" windows opened ?
Started by txl

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
txl

84 posts 27 threads Joined: Dec 2004
12-19-2004, 03:06 AM -
Hello

I'd like to have a toggle so that the command line would keep the "dos" windows open, for example when you make an ipconfig /all the windfows closes immediatly after the results are up, so you have to make a "cmd" commande to open a windows and the type the ipconfig.

It would be really nice if the command line plugin could save this trouble.

Besides that i've just discovered the aliases and it's really great !!!
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
12-19-2004, 06:27 AM -
Rather than modifying the functionality of a command line designed for a GUI, couldn't you simply use the tremendous flexibility already there to create an alias to do the job for you?

All you'd need to do is create an alias as I've shown below in the attached image. Then, when you type ipconfig2 into your Command Line you'll get a command window, the results of an ipconfig /all and a cursor at a command prompt, awaiting your attention!

The secret is the /K switch for cmd.exe. It tells the command processor to carry out the command specified but remain open once it has completed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Back once again...
txl

12-19-2004, 07:48 AM -
Ok, thanks for the /K info.

I still thing it'd be a good idea to implement this as a user setting, like "do you want the dos window to remain open" checkbox and if ticked it would automatically insert the /K setting...
txl

12-19-2004, 01:38 PM -
Digging a bit further in my idea I think it's be great if it would be possible to create an alias but to keep on typing before running the complete command.

For example creating an alias called "K" that would insert "CMD /K" before the text I type, so for example typing K enter would actually just insert CMD /K in the plugin and I would type the rest.

Would be better than to create an alias for ipconfig, then another for netstart and so on....

Is it possible ?

Thanks
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-19-2004, 02:20 PM -
Quote:For example creating an alias called "K" that would insert "CMD /K" before the text I type, so for example typing K enter would actually just insert CMD /K in the plugin and I would type the rest.
Create this alias and you can type:
K ipconfig /all
and this work like the command
cmd /k ipconfig /all

This is already released.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
txl

12-20-2004, 01:52 AM -
ha ha ha, i'm SO good I have the good ideas once they already exist !!!

Thanks for the info.

Now on to the mail monitor suggestions..... (I love this soft)