Mail Monitor Rules!
Started by gate1975mlm

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
gate1975mlm

487 posts 90 threads Joined: Dec 2004
12-19-2004, 08:08 AM -
Am I the only one here who thinks that Mail Monitor is the best pop3 checker out there? It Big Grin just rocks!

And I hope it will get even better. Being able to delete mail from the server is GREAT!
txl

84 posts 27 threads Joined: Dec 2004
12-20-2004, 02:08 AM -
Yes, it's VERY good, now on to some "ideas" (I'm sure 80% of them already exist...)

Beign a mailwasher user for some time I'm a bit prejudiced towards this soft but I think that mail monitor plugin is REALLY close to be as good as MW which is quite a reference as a spam remover.

Things I'd like to have...

1) Make the spam auto delete when monitor is closed
2) Make an import filter for mailwasher blacklists for example (or spamassassin or else...)
3) Make the selected columns adjustable (see the mailwasher interface for this)
4) Make a possibility so that the "spam" messages are not displayed in the' accounts once they are flagged as spam, I know it can be good to know on which accoutn they have been received but then add an "account" column (see point 3)
5) Option to toggle the delete/spam confirmation boxes YES I want to delete the spam, always, no need to ask
6) Spam fight : connect to the RBL databases (and to the others I don't know about)
7) Filters, allow more flexibility in rules, AND is good, OR would be nice
8) The mail reader icon in the bar (for me it's opera) does not allow the "mail notification" icon to appear (the 2 little envelopes) when I have mail, I get the opera icon with a little number, that's good but it'd be nice to get the "use icon for new mail notifiy" to work

Thanks for all the good stuff, and I'm sure there's more to come...
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-20-2004, 12:50 PM -
Quote:1) Make the spam auto delete when monitor is closed
It is possible to auto-delete spam.

Quote:2) Make an import filter for mailwasher blacklists for example (or spamassassin or else...)
As I know blacklists are text files with emails. If so, you can import this lists using import button on the filters dialog

Quote:Make the selected columns adjustable (see the mailwasher interface for this)
You can reorder the columns. Or do you want other columns?

Quote:4) Make a possibility so that the "spam" messages are not displayed in the' accounts once they are flagged as spam, I know it can be good to know on which accoutn they have been received but then add an "account" column (see point 3)
Sorry I cannot understand this clearly Sad

Quote:5) Option to toggle the delete/spam confirmation boxes YES I want to delete the spam, always, no need to ask
OK, this feature will be added.

Quote:6) Spam fight : connect to the RBL databases (and to the others I don't know about)
This feature is released. Maybe the list of servers is out of date, but you can edit this servers.

Quote:7) Filters, allow more flexibility in rules, AND is good, OR would be nice
"OR" function is released as list of "Filtering conditions"

Quote:8) The mail reader icon in the bar (for me it's opera) does not allow the "mail notification" icon to appear (the 2 little envelopes) when I have mail, I get the opera icon with a little number, that's good but it'd be nice to get the "use icon for new mail notifiy" to work
You can set the animations (example is on MM home page).
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
txl

84 posts 27 threads Joined: Dec 2004
12-20-2004, 01:11 PM -
Hello yuri,

Here are some additonal precisions on what I ment .

Quote:1) Make the spam auto delete when monitor is closed
It is possible to auto-delete spam.
What i mean is that I don't want recognized spam messages to be deleted before I have a chance to check them, let's say for example someone is writing to me about buying a rolex replica or something, it would be classified into spam automatically based on the filters but it would not be deleted before I have the chance to check it (while mail monitor is open), if I want I can still reclassify this mail as "non spam" but if I take no action when i close mail monitor THEN all the spam messages are deleted.

Point 2 : Ok i'll try that.

Quote:Make the selected columns adjustable (see the mailwasher interface for this)
You can reorder the columns. Or do you want other columns?

I'd like additional columns, for example attachment (yes/no) or date the mail was sent and date it was received (sometimes AOL servers take DAYS to process mails)...

Quote:4) Make a possibility so that the "spam" messages are not displayed in the accounts once they are flagged as spam, I know it can be good to know on which account they have been received but then add an "account" column (see point 3)
Sorry I cannot understand this clearly

When i read it again even i cannot get it clearly :oops:
So the thing is, let's say I get 5 mails on 1 account, 3 of them are spam but 2 of them are good, if I look at this account i'd like to see only the "good" ones and the spam messages would be displayed only by clicking on the spam icon on the left pane

Thanks a lot for the other infos, i'll try to make it work....
gate1975mlm

487 posts 90 threads Joined: Dec 2004
01-01-2005, 08:55 AM -
I have one option that I really hope you can add! When you put your cursor over the Mail Monitor icon I would like it to say on the tool tip how many e mails are spam and how many are not. You know what I mean? Like if I get 10 e mails and 3 of them are spam then it should say 3 for spam 7 for friends. or normal or dangeerous. It should tell you which folder it is in.