Windows Taskbar Collapse problem...
Started by jplewis01@comcast.net

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
jplewis01@comcast.net

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2005
01-16-2005, 11:47 AM -
This maybe a bug or a missed config item I dunno yet. This was due to my playing around configuring True launchbar, once this occurs I cannot work out how to get the collapse button to re-appear. Its happened several times in the last two days, and its frustrating to not be able to reset the behavior.

Here is the deal. I use True Launch to reduce the size of my base Quicklaunch bar but to maximize accessible functions (pretty much what everyone does right?) What I found was that I could get quite a bit of stuff that is less used in the toolbar area in the little button with the two arrows (>>) on it. What I have found as I have been configuring and saving the profile and backing up the toolbar is that for some reason the toolbar looses the collapse button and locks at the width of all the tools in the bar. There seems to be no way to get the collapse button to re-enable and the system and media player stuff to hide in the collapse area. What I think did work was to edit the TLBDATA.XML file in the quicklaunch folder and to change the state of the plugins from Hidden='1' to '0'. The example attachment shows the collapse button I refer to. When I hover over that I expose my media and system control

Of course since I'm new to True Launch Bar I could easily be missing the option that configures this, if there is one. However I went carefully and systematically through the options and didn't find it. anyone know if this is a bug or just a problem of misuse?

Phil :?:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-16-2005, 01:52 PM -
Sorry, I do not understand correctly what do you mean. If you lost the button with to arrows (>>) then you can return it back by changing the width of toolbar. To change the width, drag the separator at the right side of toolbar. If you cannot reduce the width of toolbar then you must to decrease the option TLB Settings->Toolbar->Toolbar's min size. This value is the mininum number of buttons that always must be on toolbar.

The Hidden parameter from TLBDATA.XML can only hide/unhide buttons (you must refresh toolbar after changing this file). The same effect will be if you right-click button and select Hide menu item to hide something. If you want to show some hidden buttons then select "Show hidden" from context menu.

BTW I do not recommend you to use (>>) button. It have some restrictions. You can create menu and place all items there. This will be more correctly.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
jplewis01@comcast.net

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2005
01-16-2005, 02:42 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:BTW I do not recommend you to use (>>) button. It have some restrictions. You can create menu and place all items there. This will be more correctly.

Yuri your info provided about the Toolbar size solves my problem! Thankyou for the reply. You may not have thought you understood but your analysis and solution were spot on. Thank you sir... It is much appreciated!!! I will look at creating a menu too as suggested.

Thanks again, Phil