Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

13 posts in this topic
New User

4 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2005
01-18-2005, 12:19 PM -
Hi all,

I have a problem using True Launch Bar.

Sometimes when I boot the PC, TLB doesn’t load up and the system blocks at the start button:

Picture

I use a Sony Laptop (VGN A197XP), XP (SP1) and TLB V3.2 with the following plug-ins:

System Monitor

Battery Monitor

TLB Clock

Wireless Monitor

Volume Control

Net Monitor

Weather Forecast

Spacer

Start Killer

Turn Off Computer

Picture 2

I use Norton GoBack and restore the Pc to an earlier time and all is back to normal.

Is this a common problem and is there a solution?

Many thanks in advance.

NewUser
Marty8E

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2005
01-31-2005, 08:31 AM -
Was using V3.0. Tried upgrading to V3.2.2B last week (Thursday). Seemed to work fine, so I installed it on my laptop. Worked fine on my laptop until I rebooted...

After rebooting, I was able to log in, then the Windows taskbar is drawn, including the start button. Sometimes the truelaunchbar is drawn, other times not. The PC then sits there doing nothing more - no desktop icons are displayed and if I float the mouse over the truelaunchbar or start button, I just get an hour glass and nothing responds.

Explorer shows 0% activity, about 17MB memory used. If I start another explorer process, the new one goes briefly to 100% activity, then back to 0. No explorer window is displayed and I can't use my laptop.

Didn't realise this was truelaunchbar to start with, so I completely rebuilt my PC over the weekend. It is a Compaq Evo n800c with XP Pro SP2.

I reinstalled truelaunchbar and now I have the same problem again. HELP!

Is there any way to turn off or kill truelaunchbar without successfully logging into Windows? I can login under another profile that has nearly everything except truelaunchbar installed and the machine runs fine.

When Windows is in it's "hung" state and I try to log out it always either "program manager" or "explorer" as a hung task that needs to be killed.

Is there any tool (like msconfig) I can use to kill truelaunchbar or prevent it from loading on startup? I can run applications from the "run" menu in Windows Task Manager". Seems to be only Explorer that is dead.

[update]

I found the uninstall program for truelaunchbar from the Windows Task Manager and removed the application. Rebooted the PC and now I am back in Windows with everything working fine, but no truelaunchbar.

If any of the devs want to do a build which includes some diagnostic functions (e.g. popup messages or a log file to say what tlb is doing when Windows starts up) I'd be happy to try that on my laptop and send you the results.
New User

01-31-2005, 09:32 AM -
Marty8E Wrote:After rebooting, I was able to log in, then the Windows taskbar is drawn, including the start button. Sometimes the truelaunchbar is drawn, other times not. The PC then sits there doing nothing more - no desktop icons are displayed and if I float the mouse over the truelaunchbar or start button, I just get an hour glass and nothing responds.

Exactly the same problem as mine (see Pics in 1st post), if it wasn't for Go Back I'd be in real trouble! The problem is: there is no pattern to it, sometimes it boots up ok, sometimes it doesn't and when it doesn't & I have to use Go Back, I often lose valuable data!

Thanks Marty8E for reviving this topic as I am convinced the problem comes from TLB or one of the plugins (Start Killer?).

Hopefully, one of the team will try to give some support to a registered user. :roll:

New User Sad
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
01-31-2005, 10:53 AM -
Remember that 3.2.2b *IS* a beta so it's stability cannot be guaranteed. If you use TLB on a critical system don't install beta versions.

As for the issue described in this topic, I too have been experiencing odd lock-ups since installing the latest beta. I haven't been able to get anything useful from the crashes either, they're pretty conclusive in locking things right up!
Back once again...
New User

01-31-2005, 11:04 AM -
Thank you for your reply HorusUK.

However, I am actually using V3.2. (not 3.2.2b, or a beta version)
Marty8E

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2005
01-31-2005, 02:05 PM -
Quote:Thanks Marty8E for reviving this topic as I am convinced the problem comes from TLB or one of the plugins (Start Killer?).

Hopefully, one of the team will try to give some support to a registered user. :roll:

New User Sad

I'm not using any of the plugins, so I guess it's a TLB problem.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-31-2005, 03:22 PM -
Please can you send me (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@tsoftcentral.com">support@tsoftcentral.com</a><!-- e -->) backup of your toolbar?
Toolbar folder can be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\<account name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

ZIP all files (including hidden) from this folder and send zip to me. I'll try to reproduce your bug.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
New User

01-31-2005, 03:51 PM -
Many thanks Yuri, email on it’s way. Smile

New User
Denis

192 posts 19 threads Joined: Dec 2002
02-22-2005, 06:41 AM -
Any news on this worrying issue?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-22-2005, 02:56 PM -
Denis
What problems do you have? TLB not loading or lockups on startup? Do you test the 3.2.3 beta? In this version some changes to prevent these bug.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Denis

02-23-2005, 03:57 AM -
Hi Yuri,

I don't experience any problems, thanks for asking, I'm just giving some support to my pal, new user. Wink
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
02-23-2005, 06:14 PM -
Any chance that New User has any antispyware/antivirus software running, and if so, what are they?

SpyBot has TeaTimer and Microsoft AntiSpyware has System Agents and both these programs can run silently, and block silently.

Not to mention what many AntiVirus programs can do in telling you what should and should not run!
Back once again...
Denis

02-23-2005, 07:50 PM -
Thanks for the reply, HorusUK, I'll let my friend answer this one. Wink