Started by Scylla

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

20 posts in this topic
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-17-2005, 07:12 AM -
Please read this topic too. There are some other registry keys that can cause this problem too.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Scylla

10 posts 1 threads Joined: Feb 2005
02-18-2005, 11:19 AM -
Um... I don't know how to say this, guys, but I think my empty toolbar is actually NOT the True Launch Bar. Here's what happened: I had my language toolbar missing for some time now, so I decided to restore it through the Control Panel. After doing so I've tried to turn it on and... nothing. Absolutely no change on the Windows taksbar. Then I switched it off and turned the TLB on, and the language toolbar showed up. So the empty toolbar is (and was the whole time) actually the language toolbar. I know, this doesn't make any sense, but it definitely means that I've actually never had TLB working at all. It was the language toolbar all along. I think this puts the whole problem into another percpective. I guess I don't have to tell you how confused I am now. I feel really dumb and of course I'm open to any thoughts or suggestions at this point.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-21-2005, 05:24 PM -
OK try version 3.2.3 beta
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Scylla

10 posts 1 threads Joined: Feb 2005
02-22-2005, 08:13 AM -
I did it!!! It wasn't the newest Beta version though, I managed to solve the problem before it came out. To be honest, I'm not quite sure, how I did it, but one thing is certain: The cause of the problem wasn't the TLB, it was my Windows taskbar. It was a mess. (Well, acutally it still is). So here's what I did.
I made a completely clean, fresh Win XP SP2 installation onto another hard drive, then installed TLB. I exported a large part of the Windows registry, then imported it into my old system's registry. I didn't really think it would help, but I was pretty desperate. And it did the trick. TLB is working fine since then, I just have to make sure I never turn it off. I did it once accidentally and it's gone. I never was able to switch it back on, so I had to reset the system, not allowing Windows to save its settings.
After tampering with the registry I've encountered a few minor problems in Windows, but they were easy to solve. My taskbar however is still weird. Among the toolbars there's one Free Launch toolbar, which I uninstalled long ago and two True Launch Bars, but only one can be checked. But the important thing is that it's finally working so I'm very happy about it.
I want to thank all of you guys for the efforts to help me out here!
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
02-22-2005, 07:21 PM -
Glad to hear everything is going well now. Now you can customise the TLB to your liking. Have fun!
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
02-23-2005, 06:17 PM -
It concerns me that you seem to have a tired Windows install, Scylla.

Have you considered/tried a XP repair Install? I do this every few months and it's saved me having to re-install from scratch on a number of occasions!
Back once again...