cannot control color of title on toolbar
Started by danmeek

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
danmeek

365 posts 127 threads Joined: Mar 2003
03-15-2005, 12:15 AM -
When I make toolbars with TLB, I give them each a different background color. But the background color of the title of the toolbar remains gray, no matter what I do. This looks bad. Solution?
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
03-15-2005, 09:37 AM -
Assuming you're using XP (as you didn't specify) you'll need to change the visual style you're using for Windows to change these. It's all to do with the way that Windows XP applies its themes. As Microsoft insist that Windows XP themes are digitally signed you're stuck with these ugly borders as I have yet to see a non-Microsoft signed theme. You could try changing the colour scheme but you'll still have inconsistent results. A round of applause for the Microsoft UI Design team? I think not!

There are several programs available that will enable you to skin Windows the way you want (or pretty close to it) such as WindowBlinds or StyleXP. I've used them both with varying degrees of success.

A third way (if you're happy having your system files modified) is the UXTheme patcher which is the method I use as it allows me to apply non-Microsoft themes. Although I wouldn't recommend this to a novice.
Back once again...
danmeek

365 posts 127 threads Joined: Mar 2003
04-07-2005, 12:08 AM -
I am not using XP. I use Windows 2000.

I was not referring to borders at all but to the background color of the title.

I don't want XP skins. I want TLB toolbars to look deccent.[/quote]
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-07-2005, 05:29 AM -
TLB cannot control the caption of toolbar. This is the feature of Windows. As solution you can use the Spacer plugin to add title as picture.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com