Several 3.2.6 bugs & requests
Started by Unbeliever

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

13 posts in this topic
Unbeliever

102 posts 17 threads Joined: Nov 2004
05-18-2005, 06:41 AM -
Even though i`m more than happy with the fix of explorer crashing when opening video files, there are several bugs 3.2.6 that i think should be mentioned.

1. Hotkey is being lost
I have a menu to which i assigned the F8 hotkey. Each time i restarted my computer of TLB, it would stop reacting. This hotkey worked fine before and i`m sure it`s not a conflict with some other app. To check this i assigned the shift+f1 hotkey, same thing. each time i restart i need to re-assign the hotkey to the menu.

2. Explorer crashing when expanding a F:\ drive
I have a menu for My Computer and only the F:\ HD is set to expand. It is also set to "load on startup". Each time i click on it to expand it displays the "loading..." menu, explorer locks and soon after crashes. This worked fine in 3.2.3. I am sure it has enough time to load cause it happens even after 5-10 mins after the startup and i have only 10 folders on it and it also worked fine in previous TLB versions. After several attempts to expand the menu my computer crashed and restarted. I attached the bug report windows displayed.

3. Apply to child folders not working
i have a menu for drive D:\ and i set it to have 32x32 icons and to sort by type. I also check the "apply to child folders" box but after i click OK and browse it, only the root of the menu is 32x32 icons, while all the subfolders are 16x16. Folder icons i use have all states from 16x16 to 128x128.

I would also like to repeat the reuqest i made HERE http://forum.tsoftcentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=1861

The second screenshot is my system info.

It`s a P4 2.66Ghz, 512Mb of DDR 333 RAM and Ati Mobility Raden 9000 w 64Mb of DDR RAM

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-27-2005, 05:50 AM -
Thanks for bug report. I'm working on new version. Hope All bugs will be fixed there.

Quote:1. Hotkey is being lost
I have a menu to which i assigned the F8 hotkey. Each time i restarted my computer of TLB, it would stop reacting. This hotkey worked fine before and i`m sure it`s not a conflict with some other app. To check this i assigned the shift+f1 hotkey, same thing. each time i restart i need to re-assign the hotkey to the menu.
Where this folder is located on TLB. Maybe it is inside virtual folder? Try to open this folder and after closing press hotkey.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Unbeliever

05-27-2005, 02:55 PM -
I don`t think it's in a virtual folder because it is a direct shortcut to a drive

i tried opening it and pressing the hotkey but it isn`t working.

However, if i change a hotkey, it works untill the next restart.

One more thing.

I`ve noticed that explorer and TLB will crash when reading into sub-folders that should have been loaded on startup (Load on startup option is checked)
This is happening sometimes even an hour the system has started and there is a small number of folders on a drive (5-10 folders with not too many files)

Thanks Yuri
Unbeliever

05-31-2005, 02:57 PM -
i`ve found few things about the explorer crash

it happens when i mount an external drive and open the TLB for the first time after that. explorer freezes and i have to close it in task manager.
Texan

217 posts 61 threads Joined: Feb 2005
05-31-2005, 04:32 PM -
I too am having more explorer crashes than I'd like...........

Last night it crashed, my screen went black, and when it came back up
one of my TLBs (The Upper one) was gone..........

I have TLB installed on an external (USB) drive and use auto-sensing....

I'm begining to think this may have something to do with the 6-10 crashes a night I get...............

If I disable TLB altogether..............all is well...............
Texan
Unbeliever

06-01-2005, 02:09 AM -
I have TLB installed in C:\Program Files\TrueLaunchBar

With all virtual folders stored in C:\

I have one folder pointing to My Computer (which causes crashing as mentioned in my previous post)

One folder to D:\ (which loses hotkey)

And 2 virtual folders that work just fine
Unbeliever

06-02-2005, 12:44 AM -
another thing

After i installed the latest TLB i noticed that each time i want to shut down my computer, Eplorer crashes and i have to click OK in the warrnig window before my computer shuts down.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-05-2005, 01:47 PM -
OK, I've found the bug with hotkey. TLB forget hotkey for drives. Also found the bug with child options. In the next version I'll add separate options for sub-menus.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The TORDEX Team
Unbeliever

06-06-2005, 03:36 AM -
great news Yuri! Big Grin

Any progress on the explorer crashing bug? I had to delete the My Computer menu cause Explorer was crashing too much Sad All other menus work fine.

Also will you implment the "number of levels to expand" option for menus?
It would be great if i could set only 1st 3 sub-folders in a folder set to expand without going manually and selecting "do not expand" for folders in the 4th level don`t want to expand.

Thanks for your hard word Smile
Texan

06-06-2005, 03:52 AM -
I too continue to have lots of Explorer crashes..................

Sometimes one (The Upper) one of my TLBs does not even come back?

In some cases the location of certain menus move to the right when it does come back up...............

There is definitely a conflict with TLB 3.26 and windows XP...........
Texan
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-06-2005, 12:58 PM -
Next version must be much stable. There are many changes to make TLB more stable and faster.

Also current version can be very unstable if you have something under >> menu.
The TORDEX Team
Texan

06-07-2005, 04:15 AM -
Yuri:

That's great news.............we all look forward to your new "more stable" TLB........

Keep uo the great work, and thanks for responding to you followers....

Any date estimate for release of 3.27???
Texan
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-07-2005, 03:54 PM -
Quote:Any date estimate for release of 3.27???
I making the last testing. During some days all will be finished.

Quote:Also will you implment the "number of levels to expand" option for menus?
No. I plan this feature in 3.2.8
The TORDEX Team