Auto-Refresh
Started by Chris

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Chris

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Feb 2002
02-18-2002, 11:02 AM -
I think a good improvement would be an option to automatically refresh chosen folders when they are changed. Or, if that is not possible, to schedule automatic refreshes.

Reason is:
I use the "My computer" and "My documents" folder in my true launch bar, and I'd like them to display the contents of my folders accurately, without having to choose "refresh" every time I make or move a file.

Thanks for listening!
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-18-2002, 04:31 PM -
Oops :0
This topic must to be inside Bugs. True Launch Bar have auto refresh feature. If this do not works - this is the bug.

What Windows version do you use?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Chris

02-18-2002, 06:47 PM -
Hi Yuri!

I use Windows 2000. I tested it on a few of my folders and found that there is auto refresh on the folders, except for "My Computer." When I make the "My Computer" folder a menu on the TrueLaunch Bar, it does not Auto-Refresh.

I find the problem is sometimes I will make a new folder or file on a drive, and it will not show up when I browse the drive through the My Computer menu.

Or, I will delete a file or folder from within the TLB menu (using the right-click context menu), but the item stays showing on the menu even after it is deleted. And I check using explorer to make sure that it was really deleted and it definately is gone, but is still showing on the menu.

So I guess the problem is just with the "My Computer" menu not refreshing in Windows 2000, all the other menus seem to refresh fine.

Maybe there is a work around for this?

Thanks Yuri!
Chris

02-18-2002, 07:03 PM -
I think there is another issue I found when trying to create a work around.

I tried creating menus for each drive individually. They would refresh fine. So I thought I could solve the problem by creating a menu to hold them all, just like the "My computer" menu does. I dragged the drive menu icons into this other menu. They showed up there, but then when I tried to browse them the only thing that showed up was a file called "namespace.fld"

I guess the problem is that you cannot drag one menu into another and have it still working.

Should I post all this in the bugs forum, or is here ok?

Thanks!
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-19-2002, 02:12 AM -
Quote:I tried creating menus for each drive individually. They would refresh fine. So I thought I could solve the problem by creating a menu to hold them all, just like the "My computer" menu does. I dragged the drive menu icons into this other menu. They showed up there, but then when I tried to browse them the only thing that showed up was a file called "namespace.fld"
True Launch Bar while do not support virtual folders inside other virtual folders. You can create simple menu (without selecting menu location) and add Virtual Folders to drives there.

Quote:Should I post all this in the bugs forum, or is here ok?

This is not a problem. You do not need post it to the Bugs Smile
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com