Is this a TLB Bug ? Icon size reverts to small on desktop
Started by Aj

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
Aj

40 posts 15 threads Joined: Dec 2004
10-20-2005, 08:41 AM -
I've recently been getting a bug on 2 different machines. I can't seem to narrow it down. basically, whenever explorer crashes or on some bootups etc.

The ICON sizes revert to SMALL on desktop and under appearances tab, the transition effects becomes UNCHECKED. I also notice the vertical spacing changes to something random but large like 77 etc.

Just wondering if anyone has noticed anything like this since the last couple of upgrades ?
Texan

217 posts 61 threads Joined: Feb 2005
10-20-2005, 11:09 AM -
Yes, I have the same problem....................Occasionally explorer will crash, and/or on boot up the TLB icons are all in the small mode.................Mostly with my TOP TLB........

I believe it must be a conflict between TLB and our video cards, but I can't pin it down...............I've tried various resolution changes, and I have notified Yuri..........................but it still remains.

TLB 3.2.10 seems to be better than previous versions, but it "still happens"........................

I just RIGHT click on the task bar, and select LARGE ICONS, and is well for that session.
Texan
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
10-20-2005, 12:17 PM -
Aj, is this bug in the Windows Desktop? Then this is not a TLB bug (if not TLB crash explorer). As I know explorer saves settings only on restart/log off. When explorer crash it lost the settings. So change your settings and restart computer. Explorer must save new settings.

Texan, I know about this bug. But can't find it yet. I'm working on this.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Aj

40 posts 15 threads Joined: Dec 2004
10-20-2005, 05:23 PM -
Yes it sounds like two different bugs, mine happens at random and only affects my desktop icons and spacing .... (at least that I'm aware of) TLB seems unaffected.

No big deal .... just 'bugging' me ....
Texan

217 posts 61 threads Joined: Feb 2005
10-21-2005, 04:23 AM -
And mine is the "reverse".............................

My icons that revert to small....................are ONLY in my UPPER
TLB..........................desktops, not affected.
Texan
Unbeliever

102 posts 17 threads Joined: Nov 2004
10-21-2005, 03:18 PM -
i get the same bug as AJ. Out of the blue explorer would crash and icons on desktop would turn into 32x32px while icons in folder would stay the same.