C/C++ Programming - Just wondering what you might recommend
Started by Xeno-X

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
Xeno-X

6 posts 2 threads Joined: Feb 2002
02-24-2002, 12:10 AM -
Yuri. I take it that you are a farely good programmer. Wink. So that's why I'm wondering how you went about learning C/C++... mostly C++. I'm in the process of learning it.... still.

Did you just teach yourself by reading tutorials and reading source code from the internet or did you read books. Did you take classes, learn from a friend etc...

Do you have any favorite books/tutorials/schools etc...

Anything you have to offer will be greatly appreciated.
----
When I find time I'll think of a better signature. Come too think of it I have plenty of time. Well when I get a creative spark of genious I'll rewrite my signature then. Smile
----
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-24-2002, 04:30 PM -
I've learned programming at the University. Unfortunately there there was no course on C++. In that time C ++ just has appeared at us. About the Internet we knew only on hearings Sad Therefore I had to study C ++ using the books. I had good book of the author Straustrup (I can mistake in name). In that time I start to develop one project and perfected knowledge on it.
Now you can find many sources ready for use. But I think the best way to study C++ is take one of the books, to think up any small project and try to make. When project will be finished try to find something similar on Internet and compare it with your code.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com