off-taskbar skinning
Started by Tiger

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Tiger

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Dec 2005
12-13-2005, 05:57 AM -
TLB skinning is working just fine when it's a part of the taskbar, but I prefer using it on the top of the menu, "torn off" from the taskbar. I found out that on the taskbar, TLB looks as a part of the XP, if I leave the default settings, TLB has a blue background, meanwhile if I tear it off, the toolbar is grey, with only the frame being blue, and if I stick it to the top edge, it's grey only. I noticed, that it's probably not a bug of the TLB, but Windows XP, since not only TLB toolbars, but every "torn off" toolbar behaves so, yet, it looks ugly... I'm using only a few skinning apps, and I can set all of them to "look XP", except TLB. As I said, it's probably not the fault of TLB, but isn't there any way to go around it? The only way to make everything look all the same is to set the appearance in XP to the windows classic, so the toolbar and the taskbar will look the same: ugly.
I even tried to make a skin for TLB, that looked XP-ish, but the border of the toolbar remaind grey and it looked even worse! Sad
Can anybody help me to make TLB look good and fully skinnable?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-13-2005, 11:55 AM -
This is not a bug of True Launch Bar. TLB works as part of Windows Explorer and actually don't handle the entire toolbar because this Windows do. In the Windows XP the desktop toolbars have different 'skin'.

Currently the only way to make toolbar look like taskbar is using tlbHost utility. This utility is preinstalled with the last beta version.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Tiger

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Dec 2005
12-14-2005, 01:02 AM -
Tried it and worked, thanks!
I don't know the status of this tool, I know it's in pre-alpha state, but I'm not sure if it will be worked on or not, but I'd be glad to be a tester. I have a couple of suggestions too, but I think you're already aware of most of them, like the bar could be hidable, on top, could be full screen-width, and so on, but I don't want to be annoying.
So in case you'll work on this, I'd like to test it, 'cos it's a handy little tool.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-14-2005, 02:16 PM -
Currently this utility have beta status. I'm working on it.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com