Special Icons Missing
Started by daveg77

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
daveg77

5 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2017
05-19-2017, 11:21 AM -
I'm working with Windows 10. Until a few days ago, the icons I had installed under Appearance|Change Icon worked. Now they've disappeared. I tried each of the following a few times: rebooting, enlarging the size of the icons, reinstalling TLB.
daveg77

06-01-2017, 06:43 AM -
Actually, I can succeed in getting the icons to display. However, I usually need to reboot a number of times to do that. And, yes, I make sure to wait some minutes after a reboot hoping for the images to appear.

I've got a complex desktop and depend on the icons to do my work, so it's a hassle to have to reboot multiple times.Confused

(05-19-2017, 11:21 AM)daveg77 Wrote: I'm working with Windows 10. Until a few days ago, the icons I had installed under Appearance|Change Icon worked. Now they've disappeared. I tried each of the following a few times: rebooting, enlarging the size of the icons, reinstalling TLB.

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-01-2017, 10:36 AM -
usually icons changed with "Appearance|Change Icon" works better then default Confused
Please can you post the screenshot with the missing icons?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
daveg77

06-01-2017, 03:03 PM -
(06-01-2017, 10:36 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: usually icons changed with "Appearance|Change Icon" works better then default Confused

Yes, almost all the icons I've changed used "Appearance | Change Icon," and those are precisely the ones that I'm having the trouble with.

Please can you post the screenshot with the missing icons?

Yes, I'll attach an image showing both versions, the one that's missing and the one that has my correct icons. Please see the attached file.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-04-2017, 09:56 PM -
Where icons are located? Is this network drive/share?
The TORDEX Team
daveg77

06-05-2017, 04:08 AM -
(06-04-2017, 09:56 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Where icons are located?

C:\Users\Hridayam\Dropbox\On the Road\Icons\Menu Folder Icons

However, I've mapped that folder to drive Z:

(06-04-2017, 09:56 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Is this network drive/share?

When I choose a new icon, I simply select from Z:

Is it possible that Windows sometimes has trouble finding the icon because of my mapping the folder?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-05-2017, 11:03 AM -
Quote:Is it possible that Windows sometimes has trouble finding the icon because of my mapping the folder?
Yes, this is the cause why TLB shows default icons. Windows runs Windows Explorer and the TLB before then other processes. So the network/mapped folder can be inaccessible yet, and TLB can't find the icons. TLB doesn't try to access icons after initial loading, only refreshing toolbar will help.

I recommend to save icon on the local disk. Also you can find the "Save icon with toolbar" option in the "Select Icon" dialog box. This will copy icon into the toolbar folder.
The TORDEX Team
daveg77

06-05-2017, 11:13 AM -
(06-05-2017, 11:03 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:Is it possible that Windows sometimes has trouble finding the icon because of my mapping the folder?
Yes, this is the cause why TLB shows default icons. Windows runs Windows Explorer and the TLB before then other processes. So the network/mapped folder can be inaccessible yet, and TLB can't find the icons. TLB doesn't try to access icons after initial loading, only refreshing toolbar will help.

Refershing never worked, even after waiting for a while.

Is it possible that Windows sometimes has trouble finding the icon because of my mapping the folder?

I recommend to save icon on the local disk. Also you can find the "Save icon with toolbar" option in the "Select Icon" dialog box. This will copy icon into the toolbar folder.

I'll try this, and get back to you again. Thanks!

This post was last modified: 06-05-2017, 11:17 AM by daveg77.