Command Line bug or suggestion
Started by JudH

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
JudH

6 posts 3 threads Joined: Jan 2006
01-25-2006, 11:25 AM -
I've been using TLB for awhile on a tablet pc but just now got around to trying Command Line, mainly as a replacement to a docked address bar. Not sure if the following should be considered a bug or a suggestion so...

Command Line is installed on a toolbar at the base level. It works fine using a mouse combined with physical keyboard. But not at all in tablet mode using a stylus. Pops up okay, then you tap the line with the stylus to get the enter text cursor--which works. On a tablet that causes a small icon to appear--you click that which opens another box called the TIP for either handwriting or software keyboard entry. But Command Line closes a split second after you move the stylus off the Command Line--there is no time to tap the icon much less use the TIP. You can also display the TIP docked so it's visible all the time--same problem--Command Line vanishes when you move the focus off it by moving the stylus to the TIP. I've tried it with "auto hide commandline" checked or unchecked--no change. What's auto hide supposed to do--with auto hide turned off, is it supposed to stay up until you hit enter? If so then it's not working on a tablet. If not, could we get a way to force it to stay up?

Along those lines could we also get a GO button option similar to that on the Address Line bar? That would be easier for stylus users than enter.

Also, I think someone asked about edit functions (lack thereof) in the Command Line context menu and others suggested Ctrl-V etc. Note that the Ctrl shortcuts aren't easily done on a tablet--it would be nice to have an EDIT submenu in the context menu with cut, copy and paste.

Jud in Dallas