Mail Monitor suggestion
Started by JudH

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
JudH

6 posts 3 threads Joined: Jan 2006
01-25-2006, 11:46 AM -
Trying out Mail Monitor since it takes up less resources than my normal tray utility. However, it could use the following (or someone to tell me how if I'm missing them).

The icon changes when there is mail BUT could we also get an animated icon to indicate that MM is currently checking mail. Even when you manually click "check now" there is no indication if it's doing anything or when it's done if there is no new mail.

If you mouse over the MM icon it currently shows a popup with the bar title and if mail then account name and message count. How about some status info in the popup--like "last check 12:15pm next check 12:30pm" maybe under each mailbox name (since it can be different for each--that's nice by the way--my old utility checked every account at the same time).

Could we get date and time stamps on each line in the connection log or at least a date/time stamp at the beginning and end?

One last suggestion. Could we get a "Mark All Messages As Read When Mail List Closes" option -- If I'm in a hurry I close the mail list WITHOUT starting the mail program if I see from the headers there's nothing there need to be read immediately. Now you have to then right click and "mark all as read" to make the icon reset.

Thanks,
Jud in Dallas TX