Boot-Up and TLB--Could Use Some Troubleshooting Help
Started by mray99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
mray99

2 posts 2 threads Joined: Feb 2006
02-07-2006, 01:21 PM -
Hi! I recently started to have a problem with booting my computer. It's started to take a very long time and the problem seems to be with a long lag in starting TLB and Start Killer.

Start Killer used to go on immediately but now it hangs with the Start Button still there for about a minute or so until it finally removes the button. At that point the launch bar is still empty. Then it starts to load TLB which winds up taking 2-3 minutes. That never used to happen.

I was using the TLB beta (most recent version), so thinking that the problem may have been with that I switched back to 3.2. Doing so didn't fix the problem. In doing a search here, I saw that some people had a problem with Copernic Agent and TLB. I actually had been wondering if the problem had something to do with that before even coming by the forum. The reason I say that is on a couple of occasions, even though I had Copernic set up not to start the Copernic Launch Bar, it started anyway in place of TLB. Because of that I was thinking that there might be some conflict between the two programs.

Beyond that, I haven't been sure where to look. I was going to uninstall Copernic (which by the way is setup not to start automatically with Windows) but wanted to wait since creating the database is a lengthy process, and at this point I'm only guessing.

My system looks like this:

Windows XP Pro
Dell Computer with a 2.8 clock speed
Radeon Graphics Card (9600)
Symantic Antivirus--Corporate Edition
Zone Alarm Pro firewall
The computer has all the latest driver updates, and is current with Windows updates as well.

Thanks for any direction you can offer with troubleshooting. BTW, yes I am using a legal copy of TLB--let me know if you need me to email you a copy of my license.