Virtual Folder Filtering
Started by CBiggerstaff

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
CBiggerstaff

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Feb 2006
02-11-2006, 03:31 AM -
I'm running the v3.2.12beta and am not having any luck getting the filtering to work on my virtual folder. I right clicked on tlb area and chose to create a new menu item then browsed to my folder clicked next accepting defaults then finish. Clicked on just created virtual folder right clicked on blue toolbar text area and chose Customize Menu. Clicked on Filtering folder then entered my filters and tried various settings I tried just entering the show files mask (I want to only show VS solutions) to *.sln and checked the apply filter all new files/folders and overwrite sub-menus options and chose folders processing hide folders. When clicking on the virtual folder I only see 1 disabled choice (filtered). If I change some of the options i.e. change to show folders it shows the folders with all files not just those I filtered in show filter. If I set hide filter to *.* I still get the same result it shows all files in folders..
Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
If it's a bug, is there a way to uninstall/reinstall with non beta version have my settings saved? If someone would like me to upload sample screenshots I'd be glad to - just let me know.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-15-2006, 05:41 PM -
To set filters for write *.sln into File mask to show files and leave Files mask to hide files empty.

Also note there are two tabs with name "Filtering folder". One for the current menu and other for sub-menus. So if .sln files are in subfolders you must set "show" filter in the "sub-menus filters".

Also if .sln files are in the subfolders then set the "Folders processing" into "Show folders". If you set this option into any other value then TLB hide all sub-menus.

version 3.2 working same way but don't have extra tab for submenus options.

I hope this helps.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com