News Reader - Suggestions
Started by jetcx

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
jetcx

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2006
03-10-2006, 08:30 PM -
First off, the plugin is already very usable, thanks.

But here are a few suggestions:

1. A configuration menu (to change the status icon, sort order, etc)
2. The ability to show the number of new items on the button. (like the mail plugin for new mail)
3. Shortcut keys to quickly mark all as read.
4. Have a feature to limit the number of items displayed from the feed. (for example digg.com normally outputs 40, you could limit it to the 5 most recent ones.)

Thanks again.
Jetcx
gate1975mlm

487 posts 90 threads Joined: Dec 2004
03-10-2006, 09:20 PM -
4. Have a feature to limit the number of items displayed from the feed. (for example digg.com normally outputs 40, you could limit it to the 5 most recent ones.)

Then how would you read all the feeds?
jetcx

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2006
03-11-2006, 06:06 AM -
To respond to gate1975mlm.

You wouldn't. I agree with you would get only the most recent. So that every time the feed is updated the items you haven't read drop off. I think this could be even more interesting if there was a way of clicking on the title of the feed to launch the source site in your default browser. You could then catch up on the items you've missed.

The aim of this feature in my mind is that some feeds just have to many items in them and that makes it ackward to read them in a plugin.

.jetcx
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-19-2006, 01:10 PM -
Quote:4. Have a feature to limit the number of items displayed from the feed. (for example digg.com normally outputs 40, you could limit it to the 5 most recent ones.)

Then how would you read all the feeds?

In the version 2.0 I've added the option to "show new topics only". So you can view all new topics and hide others. I hope this will helps. Smile
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com