Started by LEENO

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
LEENO

7 posts 4 threads Joined: Oct 2018
01-17-2022, 02:23 AM -
Hallo
i run script (for backup some app settings) at system shutdown so if system crash, i will restore last settings

is possible to backup truelaunch settings with commandline silently (no questions/confirm)?

[Image: TqSfzoD.jpg]
This post was last modified: 01-17-2022, 02:24 AM by LEENO.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-17-2022, 11:06 AM -
TLB stores all setting, shortcuts, menus and plugins inside folders. So you need to backup these files with any way you backup your documents or important files. You can find the list of folders you should backup here: http://www.truelaunchbar.com/faq/install...puter.html
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
FBSO

11 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2019
01-19-2022, 02:29 AM -
(01-17-2022, 02:23 AM)LEENO Wrote: Hallo
i run script (for backup some app settings) at system shutdown so if system crash, i will restore last settings

is possible to backup truelaunch settings with commandline silently (no questions/confirm)?

[Image: TqSfzoD.jpg]

I use a batch script to backup my TLB settings
If you want, here is a sample batch script you can modify and use

Code:
@echo off
mkdir "E:\TLB BACKUP FOLDER"
robocopy "%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch" "E:\TLB BACKUP FOLDER\Quick Launch" /mir
robocopy "%AppData%\Tordex\True Launch Bar" "E:\TLB BACKUP FOLDER\True Launch Bar" /mir
pause

Copy the above code to a text editor like notepad and save it to something like "Backup TLB Quick Launch Settings.bat"

NOTE:
Save the file extension is BAT or CMD

What the commands do:

Code:
mkdir "E:\TLB BACKUP FOLDER"

Creates a backup folder named "TLB BACKUP FOLDER" in drive/partition "E:"

NOTE:
Modify the location of your TLB backup folder

Code:
robocopy "%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch" "E:\TLB BACKUP FOLDER\Quick Launch" /mir
robocopy "%AppData%\Tordex\True Launch Bar" "E:\TLB BACKUP FOLDER\True Launch Bar" /mir

Makes a mirror copy of " C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Tordex\True Launch Bar" folder and "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch" folder in the "TLB BACKUP FOLDER" that was just created.

NOTE:
This operation (robocoppy /mir) makes a copy of all of the files and folders in the source directory to the destination directory and deletes all files and folders in the destination directory that are not present in the source directory.
This post was last modified: 04-20-2022, 12:44 AM by FBSO. Edit Reason: Improvements