Started by Vadique

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Vadique

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Aug 2006
08-04-2006, 06:00 AM -
Hi:

After installing TLB on my second laptop I started getting the same issue - every time i reboot i get 2 instances of TLB loaded side by side alhtough one has "..." after it), all other bars are pushed to the far right, and there is a Language Bar together with "THE Language Bar). Laptops have different hardware (sony/dell, intel m/intel CD, xp pro/ xp media), but similar software.

I think (not sure - read below) that the problem first showed up after adding "Letter ZU" (a little transliterator program) - into autostart - next reboot i got the double truelaunch. So i went ahead and removed it from autostart, rebooted - and hey-hey ! only one TLB. I was happy until the next reboot - double again.

I tried everything at that point - minimized autostart list to almost nothing:
vptray.exe - symantec antivir
zlclient.exe - zonelabs firewall
syntpenh.exe - touchpad
stsystra.exe - sigmatel audio
ctfmon.exe
ccapp.exe
ati controlpanel.
---------------------that's it.

once i uncheck all toolbars - i still have 2 tlb's - one in the middle (with trailing ...) and one on the bottom that actually works. but there is also that unidentified toolbar (the language bar? maybe?) that can not be removed or anything. clicking on it does absolutely nothing.

even if i reload the explorer shell - i still have 2 tlb in the toolbar selection bix, but the unidentified bar dissapears.

here is the gif that shows the whole think from fresh reboot to an unnamed bar still present.
current system: dell inspiron e1705, winxp media eng, ru set in regional settings, intel duo 2ghz, 2gb ram, ati x1400 -256mb

thank you.
[Image: tlb_upl.gif]
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-06-2006, 10:57 AM -
One of my computers had the same problem. I've found the way to fix this bug:
* right-click the language bar and select "Settings"
* click "Advanced" tab and turn off "Extent support of advanced text services to all programs"

Also after optimizing the system with bootvis the problem diappear.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com