I need help asap: The taskbar doesn't show
Started by Jth

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Jth

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Dec 2006
12-25-2006, 06:37 PM -
I have freelaunchbar and until now I have loved it - I use it instead of the default one; thing is - I have a map in the launchbar that included all my university stuff, and I was trying to figure a way of getting it to show up in the launchbar as a menu --- until my experiment today I just clicked on the folder in the launchbar and it opnened up, because the folder was just a shortcut. But I found the way to make my university folder as a menu - you know, with the triangle to the right, but as soon as I done that, the taskbar disappeared! Confusedhock: :evil: Only thing there is just a dark blue color, darker than my desktop background picture, and when I hover the mouse over the time-clock (for a lack of a better word - english isn't my first language) shows up.

I don't know what to do :cry: ; I can make the taskmanager pop-up and there is no activity in the background that is taking up lots of ram, the computer is running as normal as always and I haven't installed any new programs and in fact I just had ran Registry Mechanic and Advance Spyware Remover Pro as well as a quick scan with Windows Defender, simply because I do it every two weeks.

If anyone could guide me to where to find System Preferences (because I can't get to the Start-button!) so I can access the Insert/Remove Programs and remove Freelaunchbar from my computer, I would be extremely grateful

p.s.: it has been resolved
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-26-2006, 12:31 PM -
By default FLB saves all shortcuts in one folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your account>\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Open the Task Manager, select File->Run and click Browse button.
Using the Open File dialog box you can copy/delete or move files like in explorer. So if you move or files from the "Quick Launch" FLB must appear again. I think it incorrectly handle one of the files you copy there. I recommend you to move files in other place because as I understand you move all your university stuff to this folder and if you delete files you'll lost your staff too.

FLB cannot be used to show as menu other folder. True Launch Bar have this features. We call it "Virtual Folders" - show any files system folder as menu. You can download and try True Launch Bar for free, and currently there are the discount for it.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com