start up and refresh problem
Started by homerjo

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
homerjo

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Jun 2002
06-11-2002, 03:56 PM -
i'm a recently new user of the launch bar - just downloaded the new 1.2.2 beta RC1, and had things customised very nicely. it is an excellent product, but i've had some problems...

I put my explorer bar on the left hand side of the screen so that i have my "start" button in the top left hand corner, underneith which i have my tlb with large icons akin to that of the "start" button - each of these icons being an auto popup menu upon mouse over.

my first problem was when i refreshed these icons using right click on the tlb. as i recall i had just changed the icon picture on the physical location of the folder that the tlb menu was pointing to (i.e. the icon that appears on the tlb). unfortunately it just froze the whole explorer bar.

my second problem was this morning after having a pleasant night before customising everything. i booted up, logged into my user and then while the explorer bar and other programs were still loading in, i put my mouse over one of the tlb popup menu buttons and explorer froze again. it seems that it doesn't like auto-popping-up my menus until explorer is fully loaded?

was wonderring anyone else has this probblem - i'm too timid to post in the bugs section because i'm only just new to the product.

homerjo
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-12-2002, 03:21 PM -
The explorer bar was frozen during some time or explorer absolutely hungs?

Also try to install this fixed version: http://www.truelaunchbar.com/beta/tlbpb.zip

If the problem still exists write here.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
simon olesen

5 posts 2 threads Joined: May 2002
06-12-2002, 03:54 PM -
i have that very same problem, allso with new release, it may be with icon cache getting asked for icon that is not yet loaded in there ?

so for now i just dont use tlb when cache looks like it's loading Wink

when it happens anyway you can ctrl + shift + esc > kill explorer.exe > in menu, file >run, type explorer.exe >press enter and startbar goes back to normal Smile
homerjo

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Jun 2002
06-13-2002, 06:52 AM -
yes, unfortunately this new build seems to have the same problem.

i've also tested the final v1.1, and this problem doesn't exist. I concur with Simon that it *seems* to hangup because it hasn't fully initialised something such as an icon/menu cache? or the menu pop-up routine? and tries to find it but its not there and hangs up explorer...

however this new build seems to initialise a little bit quicker - I mean I can put my mouse over the icon sooner than the previous build.

(oh, BTW i'm using winXP)

homerjo