News scroller
Started by Jayzun

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
Jayzun

49 posts 10 threads Joined: Dec 2001
06-16-2002, 04:27 PM -
I added this to the suggestion box but I was just wondering if anyone else thinks it would be a good idea. Here is what I posted:

I would like a plugin developed that would scroll news headlines from various sources...kind of like how winamp song titles scroll across. You could set it up where it would scroll this type of information:
ABCNews - Bush Gives CIA More Powers to Oust Saddam
The Register - Wal-Mart Shipping PCs with Lindows Installed.
ESPN - USA beats Portugal Big Grin

The user should have the option to display news headlines from various sources and only show the ones that they want.

Also, when a headline goes across that is interesting, the user should be able to select the headline to go to the story or they should be able to click on the plugin (left or right click) and it should bring up a list of the headlines that they can choose from (so they don't have to wait for the headline to scroll across again).

I realize this would probably be a huge undertaking...but I think a lot of people would be interested in it and would add yet another great plugin to draw people into using TLB.

Let me know if you guys like this idea and think it should be developed in the future.