Started by Bob Freeman

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Bob Freeman

104 posts 18 threads Joined: Aug 2001
06-16-2002, 05:10 PM -
An Open Message to Yuri Kobets.

I have been using True Launch Bar for longer than most and I think it is a wonderful piece of productive software. Thank you Yuri.

Unfortunately I (and a few others) have *lost interest* in contributing ideas and feedback regarding the development of True Launch Bar.

Why?

Frankly speaking the development of TLB as a replacement for the Windows Quick launch has now *stopped* You have become sidetracked.

There are many good productive ideas in the suggestions box that have been there for *a long time* with no comment from you or work done.

- Navigation in folders
- Selection of multiple buttons in folders
- Undo sorts and reverse sorting
- Auto sensing toolbars

Instead of improving True Launch Bar to make it more useful it seems TLB is now becoming the same as Windows XP with lots of fancy skins and silly plugins features that only a few people use.

The weather plugin, the disk space plugin and now the news scroller plugin are all examples of adding features just for show rather than making True Launch Bar better.

That is my honest opinion.

I am now looking for a *better* True Launch Bar that concentrates on productivity rather than eye candy.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-16-2002, 06:37 PM -
Hello Bob Freeman!

First of all let to not agree with you. The appearance of the program as is very important.

Now about plugins. Many users ask me for new and new plugins. The first plugin was eMail Notifier (now Mail Monitor). As you know there are many suggestions for Mail Monitor. All plugins is part of True Launch Bar and I will work on them. BTW I track website statistic and see that every day 200-500 users download plugins.

Now about improving True Launch Bar itself. Maybe you are right when say that improving was stoped. But not absolutely!!! Some key features was add during last versions. Run all, Expand/Collapse, toolbar layout for menus. In the next version I plan to add scrollbar into menu, sort by date and reverse sorting (you ask for this?).
Yes now I spend a lot of time to develop plugins for True Launch Bar.

Here I must say about my (and TrueSoft) plans:
1) I want to make the next final release of True Launch Bar. The version 1.1.0.17 is very old. But the last beta version have some bugs I just not found. So I hardly working under stability of True Launch Bar. I have suspended working on some features like Auto sensing toolbars because they need large changes in program. This is not the problem but any changes adds new bugs. So all heavy features will appear after new final release.
2) I plan to employ some man specially for writing plugins (if crackers give me this opportunity). So I will have more time for TLB itself, and all users get new plugins.

And I must to say again that all features the users requested will be released. I can not please to everybody, but I aspire to this. Big Grin
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-16-2002, 07:44 PM -
Topic was closed.
I hope Bob Freeman got the answer Smile
To all: please be mutually polite. Do not offend each other!!!
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com