Started by aoz

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

12 posts in this topic
aoz

22 posts 8 threads Joined: Dec 2005
10-30-2008, 05:47 AM -
Ihad emailed yuri,but thought I'd post on the forum also, to get feedback

with latest version (happened in RC3 also), i click on my virtual folder, on taskbar. menu comes up, but the next sub-menu will jump up and down, trying to position itself either ABOVE the top edge of taskbar, or else over the taskbar, and repeats this action for couple sections before settling on a position. That makes it hard to rapidly select a menu option; your cursor is over one option ready to click, but suddenly the whole list shifts, and your cursor in teh same position is now over another object.

any feedback appreciated, and I cn provide screenshots if needed
Nick
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
10-30-2008, 03:07 PM -
Quote:Ihad emailed yuri,but thought I'd post on the forum also, to get feedback
I've answered by email but, as I see my emails was lost in the way Sad

Quote:any feedback appreciated, and I cn provide screenshots if needed
I have the screenshots, thank you.

Do you have the problem with one virtual folder only? Or other menus "jumps" too? Also I see the file "tlbdata.xml" on the screenshot. Normally this file appear in the toolbar folders only. Can you send me the backup of your toolbar?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
aoz

11-03-2008, 05:16 PM -
Yuri,
thanks for reply; I don't know why your email would not come through, it has in the past, and I dont have spam blockers on, etc.

re: menu's, it happens with any that seem to touch the taskbar.

any help appreciated, and also anything you want me to try, let me know.

ALSO, even though I have as a default (I think) to be notified of reply, I did not get one to notify me of this; I have checked this now as an option.
nick
re: backup
addendum, I looked at the backup file with notepad; it references some of my financial folders; how can I delete folder references adn still give you the info you need? (lots of info in that file)
thanks
Nick
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

11-05-2008, 03:26 PM -
You can backup toolbar, then create other toolbar and restore the first toolbar there. Now you can delete all critical data. Then backup the cleared toolbar and send the backup file to me.
The TORDEX Team
aoz

11-05-2008, 07:24 PM -
see attached; I stripped out a whole list of file names, left some of your critical info on structure; I can redo if neccessary, was not sure about creating 2nd toolbar (I have my main one which launches off taskbar, but it then references computer directories of filea, and those file names get stored in the backup

nick

Attached Files
.txt   TrueLaunchBar.txt (Size: 18.17 KB / Downloads: 772)
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

11-06-2008, 12:12 PM -
Nick, please can you zip the backup file and send it to me by email. The file you attached is corrupted.
The TORDEX Team
aoz

11-07-2008, 02:19 AM -
yuri,
thanks for reply.

I redid the backup file, but I cannot remove from it the sensitive file info.
in the virtual menu, I point to data folders (drive d: data), and those folder/file names have financial document numbers, etc.

How can I strip these out of the file yet keep the file intact for you?

I have a hex file editor, would that work?

I can see the data clearly in notepad/wordpad, but I tried editing the prior one, and I guess that is what made it corrupt

thanks
Nick
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

11-09-2008, 12:20 PM -
No the HEX editor will not help. Try this:
1) Right-click the empty space of toolbar
2) Select Open
3) Copy all file from the opened folder into some other folder
4) Delete the critical files from the second folder
5) ZIP the folder and send it to me

PS. Maybe can you contact me by IM. MSN (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:truesoft@penza.net">truesoft@penza.net</a><!-- e -->), ICQ (11171065), Google Talk (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:yuri.kobets@tordex.net">yuri.kobets@tordex.net</a><!-- e -->)
The TORDEX Team
aoz

11-10-2008, 05:52 AM -
will do, i will do it this morning
thanks
nick
rsteele

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Nov 2008
11-20-2008, 05:48 PM -
Has this issue been resolved? I'm having the same problem and it's driving me nuts.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

11-21-2008, 12:41 PM -
We found the problem is with the TLB & Actual Window Manager. Currently I know only one way to fix the problem. Right-click the Actual Window Manager tray icon select Windows Layout submenu and remove the checkmark from the "Keep automatically" menu item. I don't know why the AWM exclusion list is not working. I'll try to contact AWM authors to inform them about the problem.
The TORDEX Team
rsteele

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Nov 2008
11-21-2008, 05:44 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:We found the problem is with the TLB & Actual Window Manager. Currently I know only one way to fix the problem. Right-click the Actual Window Manager tray icon select Windows Layout submenu and remove the checkmark from the "Keep automatically" menu item. I don't know why the AWM exclusion list is not working. I'll try to contact AWM authors to inform them about the problem.

Thank you! This worked for me as well.