Windows 7 Support?
Started by gate1975mlm

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

25 posts in this topic
gate1975mlm

487 posts 90 threads Joined: Dec 2004
11-11-2008, 07:39 AM -
I have heard that Microsoft may be removing Quick Launch from Windows starting with Windows 7.

Will True Launch Bar still work in Windows 7?

:roll:
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-11-2008, 11:37 AM -
Let's wait for the first beta version. In the build 6801 TLB works fine. But this version is very near to the Vista.

PS. As I remember MS wanted to remove the quick launch toolbar in the Vista, but it still here Wink
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
gate1975mlm

11-11-2008, 04:14 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Let's wait for the first beta version. In the build 6801 TLB works fine. But this version is very near to the Vista.

PS. As I remember MS wanted to remove the quick launch toolbar in the Vista, but it still here Wink

At the 43:50 mark in this video he says Quick Launch had been removed.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://channel9.msdn.com/pdc2008/PC24/">http://channel9.msdn.com/pdc2008/PC24/</a><!-- m -->

Can True Launch bar work without Quick Launch?

Windows 7 taskbar does look very cool!
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

11-11-2008, 04:29 PM -
Quote:Can True Launch bar work without Quick Launch?
TLB is not depends of the Quick Launch. TLB is the custom toolbar only. If MS will remove the support of the custom toolbars TLB will be broken (only standalone version will be available).
The TORDEX Team
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

11-11-2008, 04:35 PM -
I've found one screenshot. Windows 7 with new taskbar and with quick launch. So TLB have the chance to live on Windows 7 Wink
The TORDEX Team
gate1975mlm

11-13-2008, 07:08 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:Can True Launch bar work without Quick Launch?
TLB is not depends of the Quick Launch. TLB is the custom toolbar only. If MS will remove the support of the custom toolbars TLB will be broken (only standalone version will be available).

Ok so what your saying is as long as you can stiil use custom toolbars in Windows 7 then TLB will work?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

11-13-2008, 07:23 AM -
Quote:Ok so what your saying is as long as you can stiil use custom toolbars in Windows 7 then TLB will work?

Yes Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The TORDEX Team
gate1975mlm

11-13-2008, 07:41 AM -
Cool! Smile

Thanks for the info!
Zouden

5 posts 0 threads Joined: Dec 2008
01-10-2009, 07:06 PM -
Hmmm, I can't get TLB to work in Windows 7 build 7000 (the public beta). It installs okay, and I can right click and go Toolbars > True Launch Bar, but nothing happens. When I right-click again and go back to Toolbars, TLB is unticked again.

ie, Win7 supports custom toolbars, but not TLB yet. Hopefully it's not too hard to fix!

Win7 is nice, but I don't like the new taskbar. I'm hoping I can use TLB to replicate the functionality of the old taskbar. This could be a major selling point for future versions! There'll be many, many people looking for a way to get the old-style taskbar back when Win7 is properly released.
gate1975mlm

01-10-2009, 07:14 PM -
Zouden Wrote:Hmmm, I can't get TLB to work in Windows 7 build 7000 (the public beta). It installs okay, and I can right click and go Toolbars > True Launch Bar, but nothing happens. When I right-click again and go back to Toolbars, TLB is unticked again.

ie, Win7 supports custom toolbars, but not TLB yet. Hopefully it's not too hard to fix!

Win7 is nice, but I don't like the new taskbar. I'm hoping I can use TLB to replicate the functionality of the old taskbar. This could be a major selling point for future versions! There'll be many, many people looking for a way to get the old-style taskbar back when Win7 is properly released.

I am running Windows 7 Build 7000 and True Launch Bar is working great!

Not sure why you are having issues getting it to work.
Zouden

5 posts 0 threads Joined: Dec 2008
01-11-2009, 05:16 AM -
Actually I just came back to post that it's working now! I think it required a restart, that's all. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Windows 7 is really good, and having TLB there just makes it even better Smile
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-11-2009, 05:22 AM -
I've tested TLB on the Windows 7. Currently I can report that TLB is 100% compatible with the Windows 7 beta. Plugins are working too. More over StartKiller is compatible too, but it make the taskbar looks like on Vista (I'll try to fix this problem).
The TORDEX Team
chaznet

57 posts 15 threads Joined: Jul 2002
01-11-2009, 10:19 PM -
I just installed Windows7 on a older system that wouldn't take Vista. It took W-7 just fine, and is working quite well with it, side-by-side with TLB. Installed some plug-ins, no issues.

Only one tiny future consideration... I run the standalone version and dock it on the side, and set the properties to 'taskbar'. It defaults to that black skin that doesn't match the look of the taskbar of Windows 7. I very much like the new minimalistic look of the new OS, understated elegance. The shiny black TLB doesn't 'match' Smile But, it works great!
NJKA

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Mar 2007
01-14-2009, 06:33 PM -
Sadly, Windows 7 does not fully support Docked Toolbars as it does in Windows 2000, XP and Vista. It appears you can only have toolbars docked in the taskbar area and not to the sides of the desktop. :x :x :x

This is a huge disaster for me as I have many many docked folders with all my programs folders etc. set to autohide/always-on-top they do not clutter the UI with icons.

I'm going to give it a day or two and if I cannot ge the same functionality back, I'm off back to Vista (it's that bad).

True Lunch Bar rocks bty and works fine in the Windows 7 taskbar if that's all you need.

Neal
chaznet

57 posts 15 threads Joined: Jul 2002
01-15-2009, 12:12 AM -
You need to play around with things a little more. Mine is working fine as a docked-toolbar on the right, though it can easily be switched to the top or the left as well as the bottom of the screen. Again, I'm running the standalone verson. If you don't know what I mean by 'standalone version', take a quick glance at the documentation.

My question was regarding the appearance of the docked-toolbar, not whether it was possible, as I have that part working fine.

Sounds like maybe you're a new user...? You just need to read a little bit of info and take a look at the settings -- you'll get it Wink

NJKA Wrote:Sadly, Windows 7 does not fully support Docked Toolbars as it does in Windows 2000, XP and Vista. It appears you can only have toolbars docked in the taskbar area and not to the sides of the desktop. :x :x :x

This is a huge disaster for me as I have many many docked folders with all my programs folders etc. set to autohide/always-on-top they do not clutter the UI with icons.

I'm going to give it a day or two and if I cannot ge the same functionality back, I'm off back to Vista (it's that bad).

True Lunch Bar rocks bty and works fine in the Windows 7 taskbar if that's all you need.

Neal