Started by frenchphil

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
frenchphil

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2009
03-20-2009, 02:35 PM -
Hello,

I'm using News Reader 3.2 and many thanks, it works very fine. I recently discovered that I can use it also for checking my Gmail account. Great !

It's ok, all messages that are unread in Gmail appear well in News Reader. So, I log to Gmail, read all my messages. At next check of News Reader, it's list becomes empty, due to the fact that there is no more unread message in Gmail, it's ok.

BUT ;-), the main icon is still animated, and News Reader bubbletip indicates that there is, for example, one unread message, however my Gmail channel is in normal mode and there is no element in it. So, even though no element in my channels is marked unread, News Reader considers that there are still unread messages. And actually, I have to mark all as read via the context menu of my gmail channel.

Of course, this is not a disaster, I will keep this system, but its use will be more enjoyable if you can improve this behavior.

In this case, many thanks in advance
frenchphil

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2009
03-24-2009, 12:11 PM -
I found in another topic that, instead of using the option "mark all as read" from the menu you can click on the icon of the channel.

So it's easier : when News Reader notifies me of new messages, I visualize the list and click on the icon of my Gmail channel. The items are well marked and considered as read, even if they are not actually read in Gmail. I simply wait for interesting messages before I connect.

Finally, these manipulations are not really binding, but, in a future version of the software, you should see this problem of counting unread items.