Possible Bugs in Stand-Alone Version
Started by David Tong

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 posts in this topic
David Tong

55 posts 15 threads Joined: Jul 2006
04-07-2009, 05:30 AM -
I found these while swapping over to Stand-Alone mode, which I think is great. Should have used it ages ago. It means no more accidentally dislodging my edge-docked toolbars, plus the ‘Taskbar’ style option looks great compared to Vista’s normal toolbars. Anyway here goes:

Bug 1: Corruption of Toolbar Border
I have an auto-hide toolbar docked to the right-hand edge of Monitor 1. It’s also set to activate by hotkey. If I bump the edge of the screen the toolbar appears as expected (see Uncorrupted Toolbar.jpg), but if I activate it with the hot-key the top edge of the bar appears in duplicate (Corrupted toolbar.jpg). Moving the toolbar slightly with the mouse restores the correct appearance.

Bug 2: Dragged Window Picks Up Part of Toolbar
Same scenario but with a second monitor to the right of the Monitor 1 as extended desktop. When I drag a window slowly from Monitor 2 to Monitor 1, allowing the mouse to activate the TLB toolbar on the way past, part of the toolbar becomes frozen into the window when the toolbar subsequently auto-hides (After dragging right to left.jpg).

Bug 3: Right-click Taskbar Mode Selection Not Working
I can change between Toolbar and Taskbar modes via right-click/ Properties/ Toolbar Style but not from the ‘Taskbar Mode’ tick-box in the right-click menu. (At least I’m assuming that’s what the tick box is for).

And thanks for the recent updates Big Grin

TLB is version 4.4 and Vista is ‘version 6.0.6001 SP1 Build 6001’ running on a Toshiba R500 laptop.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-07-2009, 01:18 PM -
Thank you for bug report. I've reproduced the bug. I'll post the update here when find the problem.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

04-07-2009, 02:16 PM -
Please can you test this version. Close the standalone toolbar and replace tlbHost.exe with new version.
The TORDEX Team
David Tong

04-19-2009, 01:17 AM -
Yuri,

Sorry about the delayed response. For some reason I didn't get the usual email notification for a 'watched' topic so I only saw your post last night.

I've tried the new tlbhost.exe and results are good:

Bug 1 (duplicated top edge of toolbar): This no longer happens. The toolbar now looks fine when triggered by hotkey.

Bug 2: Still present in Vista's Basic mode, but not in Aero mode. The attached screen shot shows how a remnant of the toolbar is written into a window when the toolbar closes while I'm dragging the window underneath it from one monitor to the other using extended desktop.

Bug 3: Not a bug at all - I realised later what 'Taskbar mode does.

Suggestion/Request: Could you make the hotkey toggle the toolbar instead of just activating it? This would make it consistent with the way hotkeys work on menus. (And I could then re-use an Autohotkey script that I wrote for handling a toolbar on an extended desktop :-)).

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

04-19-2009, 03:23 AM -
Quote:Bug 2: Still present in Vista's Basic mode, but not in Aero mode. The attached screen shot shows how a remnant of the toolbar is written into a window when the toolbar closes while I'm dragging the window underneath it from one monitor to the other using extended desktop.
I guess this is not a TLB bug. Maybe you need to update the video drivers? TLB paint itself in the own window. Other windows must to repaint itself if something is overlapped them. Or this can be the computer performance problem.

Quote:Suggestion/Request: Could you make the hotkey toggle the toolbar instead of just activating it? This would make it consistent with the way hotkeys work on menus. (And I could then re-use an Autohotkey script that I wrote for handling a toolbar on an extended desktop ).
OK Smile
The TORDEX Team
David Tong

04-19-2009, 09:05 AM -
Thanks for accepting the toggle suggestion for the hotkeys. Looking forward to trying it when it's ready.

Quote:I guess this is not a TLB bug. Maybe you need to update the video drivers? TLB paint itself in the own window. Other windows must to repaint itself if something is overlapped them. Or this can be the computer performance problem.
Ok - not a problem; it works fine with Aero and there seems to be no performance penalty on this laptop using Aero as compared with Basic.
David Tong

07-21-2009, 05:39 AM -
Any news on when you might be able to implement this? I can see how a small suggestion can easily get lost when it's in another thread like this. Would it help if I started a thread for it in Features Discussion?

Quote:Suggestion/Request: Could you make the hotkey toggle the toolbar instead of just activating it? This would make it consistent with the way hotkeys work on menus. (And I could then re-use an Autohotkey script that I wrote for handling a toolbar on an extended desktop ).

Quote:OK Smile
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

07-22-2009, 02:22 AM -
This feature will be released in the next version. Look on attached picture: this is the part of my ToDo List for TLB Wink

The TORDEX Team
David Tong

07-22-2009, 03:14 AM -
Great news - and apologies for thinking you might forget it :-)
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

10-13-2009, 10:16 AM -
Please can you try this version of the Standalone TLB? I've added the show/hide hotkey into the toolbar properties.
The TORDEX Team