Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
Zidamon

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Feb 2009
04-10-2009, 11:53 AM -
Dear Yuri,

Bug description:
I have two user accounts on my stand-alone PC, both with admin rights. Lets call the first account Joe and the second Paul.
I installed TLB first on the account of Paul, but it did not show in the account of Joe (only Quick Launch bar and no TLB).
Then I deinstalled TLB on the account of Paul and installed it (after restart) on the account of Joe. But TLB was only showing on the account of Paul and not on the account of Joe again.

I tried about everything I could find on the forum about this and checked my registry, added HKEY_CLASS_ROOT/Component ..../{..........} as described by you in one post. Nothing seems to work. I even deleted the account of Joe and after restart created it again and then install TLB. This also did not work. TLB just will not show up in the account of Joe. I have been trying for two months now!

Can you please help me out here Yuri?

Systemspecs:
-Acer Aspire M3610
-Intel Pentium Dual Core E2140 @ 1.60 GHz
-2 x Samsung M3 78T2953EZ3-CE6 1GB DIMM DDR2
-2 x IDE SATA 320GB internal 1 x Targa IDE 500GB external
- video: ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
- audio: ATI Radeon Xpress 1200 series
- connection: LAN Router
-Win XP Pro Corparate Edition SP3 (up to date until day of this post)
TLB:
-TrueLaunchBar v4.4 Single User License
Security:
- Anti-Virus Eset NOD32 (up to date until day of this post)
- Firewall ZoneAlarm Pro (up to date until day of this post)
- Malwarebytes Anti Malware (up to date until day of this post)
- Spywareblaster (up to date until day of this post)
- Winpatrol (free version)
TLB - The Last Border
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-10-2009, 04:50 PM -
Please can you post the screenshot of the Toolbars menu under the account where no TLB?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

04-10-2009, 05:16 PM -
Also please check if this registry key exists:

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Discardable\PostSetup\Component Categories\{00021492-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
The TORDEX Team
Zidamon

04-11-2009, 08:28 AM -
Tanks Yuri,

I added the regkey at Joe's account, because that was missing. Restarted, loged in and... no result (see screenshot)

Since the screenshot is of a desktop in Dutch I put English translation behind it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

TLB - The Last Border
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

04-11-2009, 09:14 AM -
Is the second account have the same items plus True Launch Bar. Usually the toolbars menu contain some more items like "Address", "Links" "Windows Media Player". Do you have any ideas why there are no these standard menus items and toolbars?
The TORDEX Team
Zidamon

04-11-2009, 10:39 AM -
You are right Yuri. I do not see those links at Joe's account. I made a screenshot of Paul's taskbar also (with TLB disabeled) The links for Windows Media Player and Links are present (but not Adress).

Could this be a registry problem somehow? Or can it be that the problem is that I have a Win XP Pro Corparate Edition maybe?

I could create another (third account) from the account of Paul to see what happens then.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

TLB - The Last Border
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

04-11-2009, 06:37 PM -
I'm sure this is the problem in the registry. Something is different in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER (maybe in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion" key only) for accounts, so one account OK and other block the custom toolbars like TLB and others. The same problem reported some other users. But they don't have TLB on all accounts. Your computer is unique Big Grin We can try to find one more bad registry values that disable TLB and other toolbars.

So we can compare the registry from both accounts and find the problem. I'll try to find (or write) the utility that help with this work.
The TORDEX Team
Zidamon

04-11-2009, 11:03 PM -
Thanks Yuri, you are giving great support =D>

It does not surprise me that my problem is unique. These kind of things seems to happen often to me Smile

It would be great to have a util to compare both keys. I tried to do it manualy, but I stopped doing that very quickly (pfew, that's a lot to handle Confusedhock: )

Do I need to export both HKEY_CURRENT_USER keys on both accounts to a text or regfile first?

Hopefully we can figure this out together and maybe help some other users too.

I will wait for your reply Yuri. Thanks in advance!
TLB - The Last Border
Zidamon

04-11-2009, 11:11 PM -
I found free registry comparison program Registry Comparison 3.200 at Softpedia. Here is the link: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Regis...ison.shtml
TLB - The Last Border
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

04-12-2009, 02:41 AM -
Thank you for Registry Comparison. This is what I looking for. Please can you export the registry from "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion" (I guess problem somewhere here) for both accounts into the regfiles and send them to me by email (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@truelaunchbar.com">support@truelaunchbar.com</a><!-- e -->) Write the subject "True Launch Bar". I'll analyze the changes and try to fix the problem. I promise to use the files only for finding the problem.
The TORDEX Team
Zidamon

06-05-2009, 12:43 PM -
Hi Yuri,

Thanks for all your efforts, but TLB is still not working on second account. Tried about anything, but when I right-click in second account on TLB all programs hang.

Strange is the fact that explorer.exe is using 50% CPU at startup on second account only when TLB is active. On first account it al works fine. Did you find any solution jet for this problem?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks in advance Yuri.

Friendly regards,

Zidamon
TLB - The Last Border