TLB and Explorer crashes
Started by Leiana

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Leiana

4 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2009
04-21-2009, 05:45 AM -
I am using the DEMO version (Version 4.4, 32 bit) (I have purchased TLB but waiting for my serial number from regsoft)

Whenever I have a problem with explorer and it crashes, after I restart it I CANNOT get TLB to start, either automatically or manually. I have tried restarting the computer (nothing), tried editing the registry as indicated in the other post where someone was having trouble with launching TLB (again, nothing) the ONLY way I seem to be able to get it back up is by completely uninstalling/reinstalling it, which is a complete pain as it requires several reboots. What am I doing wrong? I hope I can fix this as I have just paid a lot of money for this (a lot for me!)

Please help me

Leiana xx
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-21-2009, 06:35 AM -
Quote:I have purchased TLB but waiting for my serial number from regsoft
How long you are waiting? Contact me by email (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@truelaunchbar.com">support@truelaunchbar.com</a><!-- e -->), I'll check your order status.

Quote:Whenever I have a problem with explorer and it crashes
Are the crashes because of True Launch Bar?

Generally to save the toolbar position you need open toolbar and logoff/logon. Explorer saves its state on exit. But if you get the explorer crash on logoff then maybe Explorer don't save the state.

Also try one of these tips how to correctly exit Windows Explorer:
Windows XP
Select Start->Turn Off Computer. When Windows show the Turn Off Computer window press and hold down CTRL+SHIFT and press Cancel

Windows Vista
Open the Start menu, press and hold down CTRL+SHIFT and right-click the turn off button. Select Exit Explorer menu item.

The you can press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to run the Task Manager and run the explorer.exe ( File->New Task (Run) )

Sometimes this helps to save the Windows Explorer state.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Leiana

4 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2009
04-21-2009, 06:58 AM -
Hi

I ordered TLB through regsoft 2 days ago (19th April) I received an email from them questioning my order because apparently my email address doesn't match up my shipping address? And I have to prove the them that I'm not committing fraud? >.<

Thank you for the advice about logging off to save the settings, I leave my computer on 24/7 so I rarely log off, so its likely to crash long before I think of rebooting for myself! My problem was though is that I can't get TLB back up after a crash, even if I reboot the computer. When explorer loads back up, TLB is closed and the usual method for starting TLB (right click taskbar - toolbars - TLB) does nothing. The standalone TLB will not load either, simply giving an error that TLB is already loaded. I dont know whether this means TLB is loaded in the task bar already but just not visible?

I don't know what causes the explorer crashes I dont think its TLB, it can occur when I'm managing files. It doesn't usually bother me since its easy enough to start explorer again from the Task Manager.

I will go email you the details of my order now then I will reboot the computer while TLB is actually working.

I would like to thank you for a very useful product, teamed with Start Killer this is a very powerful start menu replacement. I did have several icons before like quicklaunch but now I have combined into one menu which I put a Microsoft Windows icon on and it looks very tidy and so easy to find all my programs!

Leiana xx
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-23-2009, 03:51 AM -
Quote:My problem was though is that I can't get TLB back up after a crash, even if I reboot the computer. When explorer loads back up, TLB is closed and the usual method for starting TLB (right click taskbar - toolbars - TLB) does nothing.
So you have the "True Launch Bar..." menu item but when click it TLB don't appear. Is this right? Do you get TLB working after reinstalling?

Quote:The standalone TLB will not load either, simply giving an error that TLB is already loaded. I dont know whether this means TLB is loaded in the task bar already but just not visible?
check the processes in the taskmanager. This error raised when there are already started standalone TLB (process name tlbHost.exe).

Quote:I don't know what causes the explorer crashes I dont think its TLB, it can occur when I'm managing files. It doesn't usually bother me since its easy enough to start explorer again from the Task Manager.
Some time ago I get the constantly explorer crashes on my computer. After exploring the problem I've found that one of the video codec cause the crashes on loading thumbnails. I've replaced the codec and everything was fixed. Maybe this will help you too.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com