Help needed with menu setting
Started by dsotm

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
dsotm

9 posts 4 threads Joined: Sep 2004
06-09-2009, 01:59 AM -
I am using the Vista skin and noticed that the border around an activated menu is white. Can this be changed - I looked for the appropriate colour box but could not find it.

The second thing I noticed is that the black gradient on the button mouseover does not scale up smoothly when larger button sizes are used (horizontal lines appear). Is it possible to to replace this - if so what width and height should be used - I can create it in Flash and export it.

Cheers
Brian

[Image: menu.jpg]
dsotm

06-10-2009, 01:08 AM -
Ok - sorted out the white border problem - set the Menu Background colour to White (oddly enough) and the white border disappeared.

Still looking for help on the black mouseover menu button - any ideas?

Brian
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-10-2009, 02:26 AM -
Quote:Is it possible to to replace this - if so what width and height should be used - I can create it in Flash and export it.
Yes you can replace the bitmap.

By default the skins are placed in the folder c:\program files\truelaunchbar\skins

Find there the Vista skin folder. The file you need to change is MI.bmp Note there are 5 images for different states arranged vertically. Each image is 22 height width. So you can create the bitmap with ~40 pix height this will improve the quality.

Also check the tlbskin.ini file. Sections MenuItem and MenuItemSubmenu. The parameter you can try to change is SizingMargins. Try to change it into:
Code:
SizingMargins   = 7, 2, 7, 4
This parameter control the area that will be stretched and the numbers are the margins (left, top, right, bottom).
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
dsotm

06-10-2009, 03:48 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:Is it possible to to replace this - if so what width and height should be used - I can create it in Flash and export it.
Yes you can replace the bitmap.

By default the skins are placed in the folder c:\program files\truelaunchbar\skins

Find there the Vista skin folder. The file you need to change is MI.bmp Note there are 5 images for different states arranged vertically. Each image is 22 height width. So you can create the bitmap with ~40 pix height this will improve the quality.

Also check the tlbskin.ini file. Sections MenuItem and MenuItemSubmenu. The parameter you can try to change is SizingMargins. Try to change it into:
Code:
SizingMargins   = 7, 2, 7, 4
This parameter control the area that will be stretched and the numbers are the margins (left, top, right, bottom).

Yuri - many thanks for the reply and tips - I will let you know how it turns out

Brian