Wireless Monitor Push
Started by roger.pray

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
roger.pray

4 posts 2 threads Joined: Mar 2007
06-23-2009, 11:07 AM -
I have a number of laptops all running the TLB, I need to push out the Wireless Monitor to these units - which I have figured out how to do.

I have also copied over the "Wireless Monitor.tlbplugin" and XML file to the quick launch directory so that it will appear on the system in question.

The problem I am running into is that there is not one common unit, some of them have Broadcom wireless NICs, others have Intel, or there are slight differences in the version of the NIC (e.g. one is a/b/g the other is a/b/g/Draft-N).

Is there a way to set the wireless monitor plugin to use the active wireless nic in the system? Or do I have to group all of the devices so that I copy over the appropriate .tlbplugin file?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-23-2009, 12:11 PM -
Quote:Is there a way to set the wireless monitor plugin to use the active wireless nic in the system?
No, this feature is not released. But I like the idea, I'll try to release it in the next version.

Quote:Or do I have to group all of the devices so that I copy over the appropriate .tlbplugin file?
I guess this is possible to make the Wireless Monitors for all wireless cards and distribute all of them. Wireless Monitor have the option "Hide if no signal", so every laptop will show the WL monitor where the signal present.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com