Started by rangan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
rangan

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jul 2009
07-03-2009, 07:16 AM -
Hi,

with my notebook (vista32, SP2) and TLB 4.4 with cd-, volume- and battery-control plugins I have explorer-crashes.
The curious thing is that these crashes only occurs when the notebook is battery-operated, with AC power everything works fine.
After some testing I think the problem is caused by the volume-control plugin, any ideas?

Thanks.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
07-03-2009, 07:46 AM -
Please can you check the Windows Events Log (Event Viewer). You can find the "Error" records with the source "Application Error". There are also the description of the error some thing like:
Code:
Faulting application explorer.exe, version X.X.X.X, time stamp 0x49eb011b, faulting module somedll.dll, version X.X.X.X, time stamp 0x4a4b8485, exception code 0xc0000094, fault offset 0x000f3db3, process id 0x2254, application start time 0x01c9fa62ea12cf10.

The "somedll.dll" will be replaced with the plugin dll where the bug appear. Please can you post here the text from Event Viewer?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
rangan

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jul 2009
07-05-2009, 07:24 AM -
Hi Yuri,

thanks for your answer. To make a long story short: I guess the problem has been fixed. The problem was not caused by your soft (basically), everything works fine, thumbs up for you, shame on me.

The longer version:

I've done some testing, but there was no clear statement in the error reporting. Sometimes I've had
"faulting module unknown", then something with
"AppHangXProcB1" respectively "svchost.exe:AudioClientRpc", or
"SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win32_Processor AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99".

So Mr.Google told me that I'm not the only one with these problems, but no clear answer. Someone was talking about driver updates.
To make things clear: I've bought a brandnew notebook, I've installed SP2 for vista32 and I've done all windows-updates. The realtek soundcard driver was about 10 months "old" (does it mean old for you?). I've stumbled around with my TLB/volume-control/explorer-crashes and at the very end I decided to try the latest soundcard driver (dated 2009/06/29).

And ... so far no more problems!

Thanks for your patience.