Different Virtual Desktops on different monitors
Started by jca001

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
jca001

16 posts 6 threads Joined: Sep 2008
07-29-2009, 04:38 PM -
Is it possible to configure different Virtual Desktops on different monitors?

I am getting ready to buy a second monitor and would like to be able to do the following in SA TLB.

Have 3 Virtual Desktops on monitor 1 and 3 different Virtual Desktops on monitor 2. When I select a Virtual Desktop on monitor 1 it will not change anything on monitor 2 and vice a versa.

It would also be nice to be able to have other Virtual Desktops that affect both monitors, which I think is the default now.

Is this possible now?

Or is it a possible enhancement in the future?

Jack Allen
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
07-29-2009, 04:53 PM -
This is impossible right now. But I like the idea. I'll try to release this feature. Thank you.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
jca001

16 posts 6 threads Joined: Sep 2008
07-31-2009, 01:17 PM -
Yuri:

Just to add a little more to this enhancement. How about having a TLB that is tied to a Virtual Desktop.

Currently when using Virtual Desktops the TLB shows up on all of them, which it should so you can get to the Virtual Desktop application and switch to another Virtual Desktop. Say you had one Virtual Desktop you do software development on and want a TLB with only menus and short cuts related to that. Then you have another Virtual Desktop monitoring things and you want a TLB with only menus and short cuts related to that. They both could be docked at the top but would only be available when that Virtual Desktop is active. The main TLB could be docked on the right.

Jack Allen